close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Doesn't Import

Thread began 6/09/2010 12:19 pm by mail328276 | Last modified 6/14/2010 2:44 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1963 views | 6 replies |

mail328276

Doesn't Import

Used on Dreamweaver Ver 11 Build 4919 under Win 7

Downloaded today

Installed after some problems with Extension manager resolved by deleting the cache.

Site Import ver 3.04

All requested parameters correctly completed.

The path for the local target is given an incorrect, non DOS, pathname by Site Import.

The system instantly declares that it has completed the task but fails to download anything.

Sign in to reply to this post

mail328276

Incorrect forum system date

the date at the top of the page which I posted above gave this as the date and time of my previous visit:

Welcome, mail328276.
You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 11:00 PM

I doubt it!

Jimmy Wu

What site are you trying to import? Are you trying to save on a local hard drive or to a network drive?

As for the last visited time, you probably haven't been on the forums before that post, so that's why the last visited date is set at such a long time ago. Its basically the earliest time on the machine I believe.

mail328276

Response

Hi Jimmy,

It apparent that the problem may be connected to corrupted config. data within the Dreamweaver/Webassist area on my PC which suffered from a failed motherboard yesterday.

This has since been replaced but I am now concerned that the (Webassist) passwords may need to be re-initialised even though the extensions now need to be re-installed on the same PC (albeit with a different motherboard).

Jimmy Wu

I'm sorry to hear that your computer crashed. There shouldn't be any issue with using the same serial numbers to activate the software.

mail328276

Serial / Activation problems

I have returned from a visit to PC Engineers who insisted on replacing my motherboard yet again. I now find that none of the activated WebAssist software works and that re-activation of the serials produces no better result.

May I humbly suggest that for purchasers of your multiple software packages you supply one serial activation for all components of the package since activation takes up a lot of time.

Please reset or otherwise enable my software on the server as I am currently unable to access any of the exteensions.

Jimmy Wu

You should be able to clear the activations by logging into your account at www.webassist.com and going to the downloads section.

As for the suggestion of having one serial for each user, you would want to post that in the wishlist forum, so the product development team will see it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...