close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist Access to page

Thread began 6/09/2010 6:28 am by xag | Last modified 6/09/2010 11:57 am by xag | 1846 views | 6 replies |

xag

SecurityAssist Access to page

Hello,

In SecurityAssist I'm trying to make a page restricted to only users who click on a link which is passed to the page via URL and have the rules manager conditions check if the value in the URL is "=" to a value in a record set in DW.. I'm trying to do this in ASP and so far in the Access Rules Manager I have the value as

<%Request.QueryString("parm")%>
=
<%=(rsUSERS.Fields.Item("email").Value)%>

when I type in a URL like ".asp?parm=email@company.com"

it sends me to the access denied page. Am I missing somehting here or can you not enter the request.querystring into the value portion of the rules manager?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

query string parameters can be used in access rules, but using recordset variables can be problematic.

you have to make sure that the recordset is created before any security assist code on the page, especially the include reference to the WA_SecurityAssist/helper_ASP.asp page.

xag

Yup you were right.. I just had to move the code for the record set above the code for the security assist check and it worked. Thanks Jason

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

xag

one last question Jason,

How do you make security assist check through the list of records in a database to see if the URL value equals anything in a column. Right now it seems to find the first record but security assist wont go thru the whole column to see if the record exsist.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That's not supported in security assist.

What is the ultimate goal you are trying to accomplish?

What is the purpose of passing the email address in the query string variable?

xag

found a easy work around. I just made the recordset be set to a specific entry. so the recordset does the searching first then security assist just goes off that specific entry.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...