close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Pages created without Edit, or Delete icons

Thread began 6/07/2010 4:55 pm by Brendan | Last modified 6/08/2010 1:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 987 views | 8 replies |

Brendan

Pages created without Edit, or Delete icons

I'm a new user of Web Assist, Security Assist, but not to Dreamweaver or the use of extensions, but the apparent instability of these scripts is ridiculous.

I built search and result pages the latter of which had icons at the right for view, edit and delete.

When I now try to recreate these pages after updating the database fields, DataAssist creates the new Results page (Admin profile), but it has no icons on it for Administrative management. It's not an option.

So yesterday, it created a results page with icons and today without. What?????

And, is there ANY WAY to turn off the page preview feature. I get sick of clicking on the "No I don't want to debug the script". I've done everything short of uninstalling McAFee Virus Protection, I've dropped firewalls and ended every security script I can find and STILL I get the script errors when these products try to display a page preview.

I don't need a page preview. How do I turn the feature OFF?

Sign in to reply to this post

MikeH

Hi
In the Dreamweaver "EDIT" menu right near the bottom theres a "Webassist Prefrences" option select it and it will present you with the options you can change one of those is "Preview" you can disable it from there.

Mike

Brendan

That's part of it...thank you

Thank you, Mike! I just got through the DataAssist Wizard without having to deal with debugging prompts. I removed McAfee Virus Scan in its entirety, too.

Unfortunately, the extension still does not produce a results page that has Administrative icons on it at right of each record displayed, such as View and Edit. And was there a delete, as well?

In any case, I'm looking for any help as to how I can now reproduce the Results page with all of the Admin icons--I've done it manually by copying code from an older version, but need to know why this is happening. Thank you.

MikeH

No problem.

I am sure someone from WA will help you with the admin part as I havent had that problem luckily.

If you are getting script errors have you tried deleting the dreamweaver cache file that usually cures script errors?

Mike

Brendan

Actually, I did that in conjunction with the initial install of the extensions in CS4. I'm not getting script errors now, thanks to you...and maybe Ms. McAfee.

I've been able to recreate the icons by coding them back in, it just bothers me that the Data Assist Wizard is either unstable or somehow blocked from doing its job.

I always worry when you run the same extension twice, in exactly the same manner, and come up with two very different results, neither of which you had any control over. :)

MikeH

It gets more frustrating when others do not get the same problem.

WA are pretty good and supporting you through these issues and I am pretty sure they will sort it.

I like using wizards but do not like the fact like you said you have no control.

Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Update or Delete icons will not be added to the results page if you do not select to create the Update or Delete pages on the first step of the wizard.

The first step of the data assist wizard allows you to select which pages should be created.

A results page will always be created, but you can select whether the Search, Insert, update or Delete pages will be created.

Links to those pages are only added to the results page if they are checked.

If you where to select to create an update page, but not a delete page, the results page would contain the link for the update page, but would not contain a link for the delete page since one is not created.

The alert asking if you want to debug script errors is usually a result of javascript errors in the template you are using. The preview is generated by opening the template in IE taking a screen shot and displaying the screen shot in the preview window.

If there are javascript errors on the template, and IE is set to display a warning for all javascript errors, the alert will pop up when the preview is generated.

As Mike H responded earlier, you can turn the preview off by going to Edit -> WebAssist Preferences and checking the disable preview option on the preview tab.

Brendan

That explains some of it

Thanks for the reply.

Step one is that I haven't been able to run the full Wizard, meaning selecting all php options including insert, update, view and delete because the Wizard crashes--even after I've removed Preview as an option in the Data Assist Wizard.

I'm running 3.5 Ghz Pentium Core 2 Duo processor with 3.2 Gb of RAM and 2 Gb of that sitting in the tray waiting to go to work.

Hence, after many crashes (at least once it got some of the icons in there) I began creating my PHP files by only running a few of the checkbox items at a time...and it ran more consistently. When I've tried to run all of them together I've watched the dialog box turn to plain white with one or two words left in the box and nowhere to go.

I now have the code snippets for these important Results page icons and can recreate them whenever I need to do so. That explains the mystery of the missing icons.

Any idea what in the world I can do to make your Wizards run better? (SecurityAssist doesn't have the problem as much because it's not running so many pages adding code).

I like your products, I'm on a deadline, any hints would be helpful. I've looked in the forum and done the upfront work to have the extensions behave for Dreamweaver, but they seem to be overburdened.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...