close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Custom CSS Styles To Content Area

Thread began 6/04/2010 9:35 am by bill173836 | Last modified 6/06/2010 9:24 pm by neilo | 4299 views | 6 replies |

bill173836

Adding Custom CSS Styles To Content Area

As a default the styles in the content area are RedText & Blue Text. I would like to attach the custom css text styles I'm using. I don't see a way to add that. How is this done?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

These are the basic styles that you will be limited to with the editor. If you have HTMLEditor then you could edit the instance on the update page or insert page to include your own custom css styles. To do this you would need to have HTMLEditor installed, then open up the content insert and update pages and edit the HTMLEditor instance that is on the page. In the interface choose to customize the editor, then go to the style tab to add in your styles. You select the css file with the styles then select from the available styles that appear in the list to set which ones will be selectable when you are using the editor.

bill173836

I have HTML Editor and I've tried that. But when I use HTML Editor it screws things up and the content page doesn't work any more. I get errors.

bill173836

When I try to do this I get this message first.
It appears that one of your server-side values is improperly coded. Please check this interface for inconsistencies.

Once I save the changes and reupload the whole HTMLEditor folder I get this error message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/content/w/d/h/wdhobbs/html/HighPointArtsCouncil/admin/contents_update.php on line 298

This is the line of code that was created by HTMLEditor and found on line 298:
<?php
// WebAssist iRite: Rich Text Editor for Dreamweaver
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../HTMLEditor/", "713px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_update_ContentValue1.php", "\".($totalRows_HistoryUpdate > 0)?((isset($_POST['ContentValue']) && $row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue'] != $_POST['ContentValue'])?$row_WADAContents['ContentValue']:$row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue']):$row_WADAContents['ContentValue'] .\"");
?>

Eric Mittman

I have talked with a colleague about this and there is a better way to do it. You should select the HTMLEditor instance on the page and delete it first, then add in a new one.

For the new one make sure to name it ContentValue. After you are configure it and create it you will need to update the last parameter for it. In the code view you should see the code that looks like this:

php:
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../HTMLEditor/", "713px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_update_ContentValue1.php", "");

in this code replace the "" at the end with this:

php:
"".($totalRows_HistoryUpdate > 0)?((isset($_POST['ContentValue']) && $row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue'] != $_POST['ContentValue'])?$row_WADAContents['ContentValue']:$row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue']):$row_WADAContents['ContentValue'] .""

This should get it working for you, let us know if you have any other problems with it.

bill173836

If I understand what you're saying then my code should look like this.

<?php
// WebAssist iRite: Rich Text Editor for Dreamweaver
$WARichTextEditor_1 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ContentValue", "../HTMLEditor/", "713px", "400px", "Custom", "../custom/contents_update_ContentValue1.php", "".($totalRows_HistoryUpdate > 0)?((isset($_POST['ContentValue']) && $row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue'] != $_POST['ContentValue'])?$row_WADAContents['ContentValue']:$row_HistoryUpdate['HistoryValue']):$row_WADAContents['ContentValue'] ."");
?>

I don't get the same error but now I get an alert window that says:
Toolbar set "Custom" doesn't exist.

neilo

Hi Bill,

I think the easiest thing would be for you to return your HTMLEditor files to their original condition (replace your admin/contents_update.php and HTMLEditor/custom/contents_update_ContentValue1.php with two originals - attached in zip) and then follow the instructions HERE

This exact process works repeatedly for me.

Attached Files
ReplacementFiles.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...