close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore 2 different shipping rates

Thread began 6/03/2010 11:15 am by toby379423 | Last modified 10/08/2010 8:40 am by Jason Byrnes | 3190 views | 13 replies |

toby379423

Powerstore 2 different shipping rates

Hello,

I currently have a flat shipping rate of $5.00 for all U.S. orders but need to add an additional rate of $20.00 for all international orders. I was trying to do this in eCart but was having some problems setting up. How would I go about setting up the additional international rate in eCart?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You should always make sure to backup your store before you make edits like this in case there are any problems. The idea is that you need to edit the cart and in the shipping tab add a new charge. You can base it on the same criteria as your US charge, but instead of checking the country to make sure it is set to US you need to check it to make sure that it does not equal US.

Other than this you just need to add in the $20 flat rate for the charge. Please post back and let us know if you experience any problems with this.

toby379423

Forgive me, but I'm not sure what to put in the eCart shipping settings. For the US, I have a rule called Flat Rate with:

Condition: Total number of items > 0 and
Condition: Total number of unique items in the cart
Calculation: Flat rate
Create a flat rate shipping of $5.00

What would I have put to create another rule for international shipping?

Eric Mittman

The problem with the rule that you have now is that you are not doing it only for US purchasers. It will apply this rate regardless of the country selected. You will need to modify this rule if you want it to be for US only. You will need to add two more conditions. You will need to check that the session variable exists, then see if it set to US. The name of the session variable that you need to check is:

eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country

This holds the shipping country selected by the user. You will need to check that it exists and it is set to US. For the international you would do almost the exact same conditions for the trigger except you would specify where this shipping country session variable is not equal to US.

You nearly have it correct now, you just need to add in these other checks, then you can repeat the process for your international rule.

toby379423

OK,

Here's what I have now:

Condition: Total number of items > 0
Condition: Total number of unique items in the cart AND
Condition: If Session variable exists:eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country AND
??Set to US??

So I've added "If Session variable exists:eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country" to the rule, what would I put for the next Condition for it to be US only?

Eric Mittman

You are almost there, you just need to add the 'based on session variable value' condition to the ones you have now. You would specify the same session variable and '=' to US.

toby379423

Sorry it's been a while..

But I still can't seem to get this to work correctly.

Here's what I have now for US shipping (I've also attached screenshots):

Condition: Total number of items > 0
Condition: Based on Session Variable Value: eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country
is = a value of US

And here's what I have now for International shipping (I've also attached screenshots):

Condition: Based on Session Variable Value: eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country
is <= a value of US
Create a flat rate shipping of $20.00

Is this correct?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that looks correct.

make sure that the eCart object file is actually being uploaded to the server, try deleting it from the server, then uploading it again.

toby379423

OK,

Now it looks like it will accept the $20.00 shipping on international orders, but on US orders the shipping is now $25.00!

Is this correct for the US shipping or does it need to be something else?
is = a value of US

Since this is what I have for International I figured there is something wrong here on the US value:
is <= a value of US

Am I on to something here? I feel like I'm close but don't really know a lot about PHP.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the eCart object page so I can examine the code.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...