close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Deleting pages

Thread began 6/01/2010 10:01 pm by bill.dawes319233 | Last modified 6/02/2010 12:52 am by bill.dawes319233 | 1618 views | 2 replies |

bill.dawes319233

Deleting pages

Created my first site with CMS, all seems great. However, I don't need all the pages (articles 1-5, etc), that come with the preset site. Unless I'm being blind, there's no DELETE PAGE facility in the CMS? So, if I wanted to delete, say, article5.php:

1: I remove the page itself (about/articles/article5.php)

2: I remove the two references to the page in pcms2_contenthistory db table

3: I remove the five referenced lines in pcms2_contents db_table

4: I remove the article5 line from cssmenwriter/cssmw_home/menu.php

Is that sufficient? Or is there anything else I need to do to prevent the whole thing screwing up ?

Also, can I assume that it's essentially just the reverse if I want to add a page (article6!)?

One other thing, what's with the sitemap page - all that has been generated there is an odd list of things: Terms of Use: Shopping Cart: Privacy Policy, etc. No sign of an actual sitemap! (screengrab attached).

Otherwise, all good! Very impressed!

Sign in to reply to this post

Neil Beadle

Deleting pages

Sounds like you have it figured out. Although i've not tried it myself, i think that may work in reverse for adding pages.

However, you may find it easier to just recreate the site in Site Sculptor. You can add/remove any pages you like from within the Site Type interface. You can also create the Site Type that works best for you so that creating sites in the future is even easier.

An alternative, that would give you the add/delete functionality you are looking for is to purchase a copy of PowerCMS 2 and upgrade your Site Sculptor CMS with that. We have a tutorial on how to do that here:
upgrading-ss-powercms.php

As for the sitemap page, the existing content is just placeholder in this version of the product. You will need to use the CMS to manage that content and add the links that you need. In a future release we may make this more dynamic so that the sitemap page is populated for you.

bill.dawes319233

Many thanks

OK, understood.

Great product, very impressed!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...