close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Forgot how to access the display manager

Thread began 6/01/2010 12:21 pm by chriscaldwell11357847 | Last modified 6/15/2010 4:34 pm by Jimmy Wu | 4592 views | 22 replies |

chriscaldwell11357847

Forgot how to access the display manager

Can someone please tell me where to access the display manager in my already built site?
Or do I have to recreate the site all over again? I just wanted to add a column to display the size and was told to edit the display manager. When I opened my cart.php page, I'm unable to find the server behavior that will open the display manager.

thanks,
chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have this in another thread as well:
showthread.php?p=61146&posted=1#post61146

please keep to one thread.

Jimmy Wu

For the display manager, you will not be able to edit the display using the manager once it is applied to the page. You can either add this manually to the page by going to the bindings panel and adding the correct value to the page or by re-creating the page (or removing the display and adding it to the existing page) and applying the display when you create it.

I would recommend making a backup of the current cart page before making any of these edits.

chriscaldwell11357847

Hello, okay, I opened the bindings panel in DW, and I see that SIZE is already listed in the panel. What exactly do I need to do in the bindings panel so that the SIZE column displays in the cart so we know what size item to send? THank you very much.

Chris

Jimmy Wu

To display the size, you would want to drag the binding for size from the bindings panel onto the page. The code should be automatically added to display the size if you do that.

chriscaldwell11357847

Hello,
I was able to drag the code in to show the size in the Description section of the cart. And when I go to Add to Cart say a size small hat, it does display in the cart.php page. However, if I go back to the hats page, and then add a size large hat (of the same style), the cart now shows 2 hats, but both are size small. How do I fix it so that if someone were to purchase different sizes of the same hat, that they would individually show up in the cart?
(need to able to determine which size we would send). Here's a link to the page:

hats.php

Thank you,
Chris
Ps. Is it better to display the Size as a column header, rather than in the description? If so, where exactly do I need to put the php code?

I really appreciate your help as I try to get my brain around this.

chriscaldwell11357847

Can someone please tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do to make it so that if someone orders 3 different sizes of the same item, they will all be differentiated in the cart?

So far, I tried changing clicking on the ecart Add to Cart button in the behaviors panel in DWCS4. I then clicked the bindings tab. I scrolled down to size, and then, under the section "IF ITEM IN CART... I've tried indicating the following actions: "Add New", "Ignore, "and "Sum" with no luck. It always shows the total quantity of hats, never the individual sizes ordered.

hats.php

Currently, it is set to Add New. Please help.

Thanks,
Chris

Jimmy Wu

The reason this occurs is because the id on the product being added is the same, so the cart interprets them as the same item being added. You will have to bind the id dynamically to a value set by the select box for the different sizes to be added to the cart separately. So if you go into your add to cart button server behavior and bind the id to the select box's value (as long as the value is an integer), then you will have multiple items added to the cart.

chriscaldwell11357847

Hi Jimmy,
I appreciate your help, and it makes sense to me, but I can't find the "select" box that you mention in your reply. I've opened the bindings tab, and cannot see how to bind to the select box. Certainly, I see the ID and the number I put in there, but not sure what is meant by binding to the select box.

A screen capture is attached.

Thanks,
Chris

Jimmy Wu

If you click on the lightning bolt icon next to the value input, you should be able to find the form that the select box is in and choose that select box. You will have to change the values that the options of the select box have in them to integer values so the id field will be set correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...