close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart Shipping eCartDesignObject.js

Thread began 5/30/2010 10:10 pm by david331670 | Last modified 6/03/2010 7:30 pm by david331670 | 1274 views | 3 replies |

david331670

eCart Shipping eCartDesignObject.js

I have created a new shopping cart.... PLEASE READ NOTE BELOW I THINK I HAVE CORRECTED THE PROBLEM
I have made the data base added the cart page and created add to cart items, it previews in my testing server. I now want to use the checkout wizard to create the final pages but I now have an error in the file "eCartDesignObject.js"
The other shopping cart I have made functions properly, and when I click on the display manager or checkout wizard in that site I dont get the error.
I do get the error in the new site??
I have reinstalled the ecart extension, deleted the macfilecache.txt file ( a well used path anymore) still no change see screenshot of error.
I read that someone else was having the same problem but no solution was posted that worked.
Please help with this issue.
Thanks
David
More information.
I had the same files on my home computer, I tried the same thing, got the same result.
I created a new eCart site, Simple 4 pages no flowers.
Created database, linked database to site added a Cart object, created recordset, added "add to cart button" tested and all worked, tried to add display manager, same fault.
Multiple "command Z"
Then added a Cart object, created recordset, go to predefined Cart Page.php
Click display manager, PRESTO Worked, no error as above, Clicked checkout wizard, PRESTO worked again, no error as before.
I suspect that by creating "add to cart button" before creating Shopping Cart with display manager and checkout pages has somehow caused the problem.
I have just created a new site from scratch and it works with the above method.
DO NOT CREATE ADD TO CART BUTTON BEFORE YOU CREATE THE DISPLAY AND CHECKOUT PAGES.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting with all the info, it is very helpful. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so we can look into it further. To check the status of your ticket or update it login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Jimmy Wu

After doing some testing, we were unable to reproduce this issue. Are there any additional details you could provide about your setup that you could provide?

david331670

eCart

I am using a Mac Pro4, Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.26Ghz 16GB ram OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3
Using Adobe CS4 Suite, Dreamweaver CS4.
I regularly repair permissions.
I often have problems with the Webassist extensions, the cart set up etc. Tabbing from one item to the next does not save any selection, I must do it all very precisely, the wizards are always giving me problems. Sometimes I cant save what I have done because it ask me to fill in the details of a dialogue box that already have an input, I need to hit enter or return on many thing to have them accepted only to find on occasion that this finishes the edit and the dialogue extension closes. Trying to edit some pages with the wizards is difficult as they add the code to the page a second time, there is now way to edit the existing code in any structured dialogue box, only manually in code view.
There is no way to edit the details of the checkout wizard without starting over again and you end up reproducing all the checkout pages again.
In general I find that not many things work first time, they always seem to add unusable code that restricts the proper use of the extension. UEmail 4.0 an example.
The offending js file on one site worked ok on another web site.
Tres confused.
Regards
David

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...