close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

The replacement for SiteAssist Professional?

Thread began 5/28/2010 10:40 am by info72555 | Last modified 6/04/2010 7:13 am by Ray Borduin | 2777 views | 9 replies |

info72555

The replacement for SiteAssist Professional?

I just bought the new version of Site Assist Pro a few days ago and have not even used it yet. At the beginning of the video for Site Sculptor you are suggesting it replaces Site Assist Pro.

It appears Site Sculptor is a LOT more powerful, considering it has the CMS built in. I am not too pleased you are releasing the new Site Assist Pro and the much more attractive Site Sculptor just a little later (I now feel I just wasted my money on Site Assist Pro). I would rather have Site Sculptor and it would be nice if you could offer free upgrades for anyone who purchased Site Assist Pro recently.

I also have a question regarding your licensing: The Power CMS 2 Solution is only good for one domain but since Site Sculptor is an extension, you can build as many sites as you want containing a CMS for the same price as a single CMS 2 license. I am somewhat confused. Would you please explain?

Sign in to reply to this post

Michael Lekse

No, we are updating accounts now and you will receive an email once your download center has been populated. We always provide free upgrades to anyone who has purchased within the past 30 days.

I now feel I just wasted my money on Site Assist Pro  

You shouldn't because now you have Site Assist Pro and Site Sculptor.

Michael

Justin Nemeth

Site Sculptor has a developer license like all of the other extensions, so you can build as many sites as you want with it. The CMS in Site Sculptor is not the same as PowerCMS 2. It is similar and offers quite a bit, but PowerCMS 2 has some more features.

From the FAQ:

The built-in CMS included with Site Sculptor is a simplified version of PowerCMS, providing you with essential capabilities as it relates to updating content on your website. In addition, Site Sculptor’s content management feature includes the ability to specify Page Title and meta keywords. If you wish to utilize the full fledged version of PowerCMS with Site Sculptor you can do so by overwriting the CMS files generated by Site Sculptor.  

-justin

Lee Firth

Is there a list of differences anywhere? It would be helpful if you are trying to pitch to clients what benefits PowerCMS 2 will give them.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Most "Super Admin" rights from PowerCMS have been removed. The primary difference is lack of user management, and no ability to add and delete content regions from the web.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info72555

CMS Differences

I like Lee's idea about a direct comparison. It makes sense you don't have the Add and Delete content option in the CMS since the site is being built for you via an extension. Aside from that, are the features the same? If I were to add or remove pages via Site Sculptor the CMS is modified to adapt to the new site, correct?

I have to tell you that I was VERY excited to watch the video for Site Sculptor because more and more people want the ability to maintain content and your extension appears to make this a breeze!

Question for you: Is there a way that you can tie CSS into the edit features? Let's say the client wanted to add content for a new page. Instead of choosing a font size of 15, gold and bold, would I be able to define that as a "Header" in CSS that the client can choose from a menu instead of formatting all text from scratch every time? More flexibility would be great! Also for the image align options, having access to float (left/right) will make embedding graphics easier.

Thanks

cpfusion

Originally Said By: info72555
  Question for you: Is there a way that you can tie CSS into the edit features? Let's say the client wanted to add content for a new page. Instead of choosing a font size of 15, gold and bold, would I be able to define that as a "Header" in CSS that the client can choose from a menu instead of formatting all text from scratch every time? More flexibility would be great! Also for the image align options, having access to float (left/right) will make embedding graphics easier.  

I too would like to know the answer to this question, as this would definitely make editing easier for clients if they could see exactly how text and images were going to look before committing their changes.

Craig

neilo

If the Site Sculptor included HTMLEditor files are installed similarly to other WebAssist products, then adding styles will not be a problem.

There are two select lists in the HTMLEditor instance on your page that help with this, - one is called 'Format', and the other is 'Style'.

The Format box contains H1 to H6, and these can be customised to reflect six headings.

The Styles list can contain styles that you select from your stylesheet. You could also write classes for your headings to appear here if you prefer.

A tacky demo is Here

adromidon

What about people who recently canceled their extentions library membership but owned a version of site assist prior to buy a membership in the extention library, will these people get site sculptor free.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Only if they purchased Site Assist in the past 30 days.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...