close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Sculptor 3 liquid versus fixed layouts

Thread began 5/27/2010 5:18 pm by michaelf0199272 | Last modified 5/28/2010 10:29 am by Eric Mittman | 1804 views | 3 replies |

michaelf0199272

CSS Sculptor 3 liquid versus fixed layouts

I used CCS Sculptor 3 to build this website -- when I preveiwed on my local Server using the IE Preview -- it did not display like I expected it to display. I thought maybe if uploaded it to my remote server (the hosting server) it will display correctly, to my disappointment it displayed the same way it did on my local server preview. The problem is, the left sidebar seem to NOT want to stay where it is specified to stay. It instead pushes itslef to the rightmost corner, and pushed the main content down.

There are also issue with the Menu Writer, let us fix this one first. As at now I have been able to make corrections to the menu.php so you can be able to review all the available links over the internet. The site is simply NOT symetrical, and does not look like I expected it to look.

Q: How do we get it fixed so it can display corectly like it does in the DW CS4 environment???

It looked right inside the dreamweaver CS4 environment -- please review the attached pictures.

also find the site here for you studies: theattorneyonyourside.com/

Many thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

victor278184

Hello michaelf0199272,
allow me to contribute something for your problem. I'm not WebAssist staff so this is not official response.

i could see your problem.. you're mistakenly choose your design element to liquid/elastic where
regarding your design concept, i think it's a fixed layout concept. liquid/elastic layout are resolution dependent.. so if a user had wider screen than yours, your layout design will be "stretch" depend on user's screen resolution.

for your problem, the solution is simple:
- look at your source code and find .twoColLiqLtHdr #container
- change width: 80%; to width:980px;

i also recommend you try mozilla firefox browses and install firebug plugin. It's a plugin that able to handle CSS on the fly in the browser... it safe a lot of headache if you deal with css

michaelf0199272

Victor -- many thanks, it is displaying better than before. I made the changes that you suggested, it seems to work except that I want the page to be centered and not aligned left. It also seem to cause the brower's scroll to be disabled. Please review again and see if you have other solutions for me.

www.theattorneyonyourside.com/

I will appreciate it also if the WebAssit Staff can weigh in on this issue.

Many thanks.

Eric Mittman

It looks like the margin left property will need to be adjusted on the container div. I agree with the previous post about the wrong layout being chosen for the desired result you are looking for. You should be working with one of the fixed layouts, I think it would give you the type of layout you are looking for.

I think that it would be a good idea to create a new Sculptor layout and make any css changes or adjustments that you need while in CSS Sculptor. This is exactly what Sculptor is designed to do, you might find it easier to adjust it this way rather than making manual adjustments after the fact.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...