close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic multiple addresses

Thread began 5/28/2009 12:03 am by secure377208 | Last modified 5/28/2009 1:48 pm by Ray Borduin | 2774 views | 5 replies |

secure377208

Dynamic multiple addresses

Could anyone please advise how I get the option for multiple addresses to be available, the support files tells me what this is for but I cannot find anything which advises what steps to take or facilities which need to be in place in order to be able to select and use it.

I want to be able to produce a map showing accommodation locations with the information taken from a mysql database, I assumed that when selecting multiple loactions option that I would then be able to stipulate the database details but as I cannot even select the multiple locations I am obviously missing an important step in the procedure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please make sure you are adding the map to a .php page in a dreamweaver site with a recordset defined. You can't get information from a recordset if the page doesn't have a recordset on it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

secure377208

Multiple addresses

Hi Ray,

I think we are getting there now, my next stumbling block is that I would like to include in the Info pane a link to the establishments advertisement on the website, the coding in the info panel is;

<strong><?php echo $row_Recordset1['establishment_name']; ?></strong>
<a href="<?php echo $row_Recordset1['_link']; ?>"<?php echo $row_Recordset1['_link']; ?></a>

But I dont get anything showing after establishment name, could you please advise if a) a link can be created at this point b)I have the correct syntax.

If it can be done and the syntax is correct I at least know its worth spending time trying to get it working.

I am also finding that it is only displaying 13 of over 40 accommodations in this category any tips on how to find out why?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a URL where I can view it? After you refresh the page does it show more? It may show 13 the first time and 26 the next etc. untill all locations are cached.

secure377208

dynamic addresses

Hi Ray,
at present I am testing it at serviced_map.php

you may also notice that another anomoly we are experiencing is that although all the locations are within a few square miles the map sometimes zooms out to include Canada, Greenland and Nigeria although there are no locations pinpointed at any other location other than the UK so I doubt that it is a mistyped postcode record, I did try setting the zoom level to 14 thinking it might cure it but it doesn't.

We are also finding that some addresses are showing up at wrong locations for no apparent reason, I will get someone to check the postcodes in the database tomorrow to rule out any mistypes being the cause, but so far on the results displayed we would not be able to use this facility due to it not displaying all locations and locations sometimes incorrectly mapped, it may be a google maps issue but you can guarantee that clients would be blaming us!!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could probably use the longitude and lattitude if the addresses themselves aren't working properly.

Please post a support incident. I think we should have someone look into this with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...