close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form no longer submitting...

Thread began 5/25/2010 6:50 pm by info72555 | Last modified 5/27/2010 2:08 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1616 views | 7 replies |

info72555

Form no longer submitting...

When I first used you newest version of Universal Email, I was thrilled because I was able to get the form to work on the first try. Unfortunately I made a few changes and I am no longer able to send information and the Thank You page never displays. Even after reviewing other posts, I cannot figure this out. I like designing things and absolutely cannot stand programming, the reason I keep buying your extensions :o)

I am 99% sure there is a simple mistake in the form but I don't know where things went wrong. I followed your tutorials, to no avail...

Please help!
The form: contact.php

I found a few references to the Action so I wonder if I goofed in this line:
<form class="Sharp_300Wide" id="General_Sharp_00Wide" name="General_Sharp_00Wide" method="post" action="contact.php">

I attached the PHP code for the form. Because of size restrictions, I condensed it.
What else would you need from me to help?

Thanks!!

Attached Files
contact.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Info,

I tried the form, and it seemed to send, -I got the thank you page (ThankYou.htm).

What is the exact problem you are having, are you just not receiving the email?

neilo

Although I see you have jquery datepicker links and datepicker javascript page code (but have to enter date manually (mm/dd/yy).

Looking at your page source code, in the head section, you have:

<link type="text/css" href="../CSSFormBuilder/FD_Sharp__00Wide/Datepicker/css/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="../CSSFormBuilder/FD_Sharp__00Wide/Datepicker/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../CSSFormBuilder/FD_Sharp__00Wide/Datepicker/js/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.min.js"></script>

The page can't find those jquery files. Check that they are there.

info72555

Found the problem but don't know the solution

The second contact # is optional. If you leave it blank (it's not required), the form does not work.

I am also wondering about the form output. Instead of "Name:", the form that's emailed displays "Contact me Contact Information Name:" so all the field names are repeated. The form itself shows the labels properly. How do I set up the form so the field names are hidden on the form?

The label for the button also display on the form output as "General Submit:"
How can I hide it?

Thanks

Here is the text version of the PHP file:
contact.txt

Jimmy Wu

It looks like this is because the validation for the secondary contact is still being applied. Find this line:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidatePN((isset($_POST["Contact_me_Contact_Information_Secondary_Contact"])?$_POST["Contact_me_Contact_Information_Secondary_Contact"]:"") . "",false,true,true,5);

and change it to this:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidatePN((isset($_POST["Contact_me_Contact_Information_Secondary_Contact"])?$_POST["Contact_me_Contact_Information_Secondary_Contact"]:"") . "",false,true,false,5);

info72555

What about the labels?

Thank you for the quick reply. Could I ask you to please address the other part of my question?

Thank you

info72555

Hello???

Can anyone please help with the second part of my question?

Thank you

Jimmy Wu

If you are using one of the default email templates, the form field name is used in the email. If you want to display the name you want for the field, I would recommend unchecking the Create a file for your email checkbox and clicking on either the edit with the pencil next to it or the edit with the DW icon next to it. If you edit with the pencil box, an edit window will pop up and you will be able to type in the text you want displayed, such as Name: and then click on the lightning bolt icon in the bottom right of the window. From here there is an entry for your form (the form name). You would want to expand that and select the form field you want displayed and hit ok.

If you edit using dreamweaver, a file will open in dreamweaver where you can make the edits. To add the form field values, you would go to the bindings panel and find the form entry and drag the form field to where you want the value displayed.

info72555

A bit frustrated...

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...