close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email not being sent with UE307

Thread began 5/23/2010 10:57 am by omarmacias376396 | Last modified 5/26/2010 11:15 am by Jason Byrnes | 2710 views | 10 replies |

omarmacias376396

Email not being sent with UE307

I have created a contact form with CSS Form Builder and then apply the Universal Mail 3.0.7. but the email is not being sent.

My hosting provider, give me this information to send the emails:
Outgoing mail server: mail.golf4baja.com (server requires authentication) port 26
Outgoing mail server: (SSL) web2.xpress.com.mx (server requires authentication) port 465

Please find attached the PHP code generated by Universal Email.

Also here is the test link of the contact page:
contacto_omd.php

Could you please give me a hand?

Attached Files
WAUE_contacto_omd_1.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

since the server requires authentication, you will need to configure Universal Email to use the PEAR mail for SMTP mail object.make sure your host supports PEAR Mail, this is the only mail object ion Universal Email that supports authentication.

omarmacias376396

Thank you Jason, I have tried to do it through the pearl way and still not working, also I have tried to leave all blank in the email object tab. I know the server is working because I upload a simple contact form generated by me and is working ok.

Universal Email 3.0.7. “Not working” link:
contacto_omd.php

The other “working” contact form link:
contact_omd.php

Also is attached the code of the working form (contact.php)

Attached Files
contact.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the main diffrance that I see in your contact script is that you do not specify the smtp server, this will cause it to use the default smtp server that is set in the PHP.ini file.

In universal email, try leaving the smtp server and port fields blank so the PHP defaults will be used.

Also, on the from tab, do not set a from name, only the from email address, some server will not work correctly if a from name is specified.

omarmacias376396

Jason, following your instructions I have created a new FORM with CSS form builder and then apply the Universal Email 307 and still not working. I will like to explain the steps so maybe you notice that I’m doing something wrong:
Step 1: Create the form using CSS From Builder (see image step_01.png)
Step 2: Insert/webassist/universal email. In the Email Object tab I have use Mail and only populate the return path, everything else left empty (see image step_02.png)
Step 3: In the general tab I have configure the subject, trigger, and go to page (see image step_03.png)
Step 4 and Step 5: In the from tab, I have configure only the from email using the lighting bolt (see images step_04.png and step_05.png)
Step 6.: In the To: tab I just add to test emails (see image step_06.png)
Step 7 and Step 8: Body tab, I just add the comments information. (see images step_07.png and step_08.png)

Note: I will add one more comment to add the rest of the images since I can only upload 5 images.

omarmacias376396

.......3 more images

Thank you in advance for all your help!!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when the form is submitted, does it go to the redirect page you set in universal Email?

Please send a copy of the page.

omarmacias376396

Yes, after submitting the form the page is redirected to the thanks page (contacto_gracias.php), It looks good but the mail never arrives.

Attached Files
WA_Universal_Email.zip
contact_form.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is the forms action.

It is set to post to the contacto_gracias.php. the form is being posted directly to the contacto_gracias.php page, it does not stop on the contacto_omd.php page first.

<form class="GP001_simple" id="ConCaptcha_GP001_simple" name="ConCaptcha_GP001_simple" method="post" action="contacto_gracias.php">

change the forms action to post to the contacto_omd.php page to trigger the universal email behavior:
<form class="GP001_simple" id="ConCaptcha_GP001_simple" name="ConCaptcha_GP001_simple" method="post" action="contacto_omd.php">

omarmacias376396

Jason, now it’s working; you found the problem, who knows, knows! Thank you for all your help and have a great day!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...