close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Create View Install issue

Thread began 5/22/2010 2:11 pm by ross360115 | Last modified 5/25/2010 4:06 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1154 views | 3 replies |

ross360115

Create View Install issue

Hi

I was getting the standard,

ERROR: Your MySQL user (*****) needs the CREATE VIEW privilege

After having my system admin grant the CREATE VIEW privilege (well so he says!). I get the following,

ERROR: Database could not be created.
CREATE VIEW command denied to user (*****) for table 'ps3_coupondelete'

However on the second attempt, without changing any of the information entered on wizard it goes through and Powerstore seems to fully install. I have reinstalled powerstore several times and it is always the same pattern. My question is, will this cause any problems in the long run or would it be wise to reinstall Powerstore with the CREATE VIEW fix?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

I would recommend installing the PowerStore with the create view fix. Either that, or you could try running some create view queries directly on the database with the user you are using. If they work, then it might be fine to just use the regular install. If they don't work, it'd be best to use the create view fix.

ross360115

Thanks for the help!

Jimmy Wu

No problem. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...