close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation of PowerStore

Thread began 5/21/2010 8:14 pm by admin400861 | Last modified 6/01/2010 6:40 pm by admin400861 | 3824 views | 10 replies |

admin400861

Installation of PowerStore

Hi Thanks,

I have purchased powerstore 3 and have completed the first step of upload. Can you please advise the next step, it says open browers window and installation wizard will set up? How do i do this?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

I'm assuming you are installing to a live server rather than a test on your own system.

In order it's quite simple.

1. Ftp the complete ps3 download to your HTdocs directory on your web server (this may take some time)

2. COntact your ISP and request a mysql database they will supply you with the following:

Database location ie an ip address

Database name

Database password.

3. Open up your web browser and type in your domainname.com

4. By default the webserver will be set to open a default file of index.php

5. Index.php will open and run a quick test it will ascertain that you have no database connection setup. It will run through the setup and configure your site. (it will ask you for the details from 2)

6. When setup is finished you will be in the admin section where you can add products and alter the content using theCMS.

OK thats it a simple shop setup. From here on it you can change oodles of things:

Use the CMS to change content

Use the CSS to change colours layout

etc etc

As a personal preference I set shipping and payment to none during the setup and then when I* have the design stc correct implement paypal etc.

If you need any mopre help just post

HTH

Ian

admin400861

im pampered

Hi Ian,

When i type in my ftp address i sign in a takes me too a FTP root page. 'download to your HTdocs directory on your web server' ????

I am new to all this and am having a heap of trouble for somthing that seems really simple.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

who is your ISP?

normaly when you register a domain, they give you all thje ftp settings.

Normaly you ftp your files into the htdocs directory . It is this directory that the web server reads to "publish" the web site.

Let us have your ISP and then we can advise you better

cheers

Ian

admin400861

Response

Hi,

My ISP is optusnet broadband (Australia) . And my web hosting provider is www.crazydomains.com.au, i have the 'My web host' package. My domain name is also with crazy domains. Before i bought the hosting i double checked if the requirments for Ps3 would be compatible and yes it is.

Where would i find htdocs directory?.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

if you have not already look at this link

publish_your_website.htm

when you have uploaded simply type into yout browser

www.yourdomain.com ( ie your domain name)

if it has been uploaded correctly then you will see the database setup sequence start

HTH

Ian

admin400861

response

Thanks for all your help. Everything is installed.

Just another thing, how do you get a password and user name reminder in the admin section to log in if lost or forgot.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

I suspect that function would have to be hard coded but if you look at your tables using phpmyadmin or similar in the table wa_settings both username and password are listed there

HTH

Ian

admin400861

Respond

Ho do i upload my site once i have completed? I am using dreamweaver, do i need to upload it there? DO i need to upload via dreamweaver if i just alter 1 thing for example add a new product?

thanks

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

you upload your files using any ftp client and the settings provided by your ISP. Normaly your ISP recommends one, I suppose the most popular are cutetfp, wsftp etc etc. There are loads of free one out there.

DW had a built in FTP client which is perhaps a bit flakey. You setup the connections details in your site definitions and then in the site file panel you will see a double arrow button with flyout that says syncronise. Press that and it should syncronise your remote and local folders.

If you use the syncronise button only changed files will be uploaded.

HTH

Ian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...