close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

using the 'same as billing' check box after customizing the form

Thread began 5/21/2010 10:11 am by i.edwards384429 | Last modified 5/25/2010 1:06 pm by Eric Mittman | 1218 views | 3 replies |

i.edwards384429

using the 'same as billing' check box after customizing the form

Hi

Have a site where I have manually changed all three entries for each state to US counties

If I now register and put state/count as somerset

then in the users profile it's ok

if I then but something then on checkout.php the billing and delivery are identical ie both showing Somerset

If I now check the tick box for same as billing the shipping changes to Shetland in the delivery area and in the billing area counties are listed as per the attached screen shot.

Ok I know it's a typo can you give me a clue as to where to look for error?

thanks

Ian

Attached Files
files.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The 'same as billing' checkbox sets the select list for the shipping to the selected index of the billing list. Since you are getting to the shetland entry in shipping it seems that you have an extra two values in your shipping county select list, or maybe you are missing two in your billing list.

Since these lists match up on the selected index they must have the exact same number of entries and they must be in the same order.

i.edwards384429

update

Thanks was a typo

cheers

Ian

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear that. Normally when I do something like this where I'm making edits with two things that are very similar I will make the edits once, then copy and update the code for the second one. This could save a bit of time in making the second one and ensuring that it is setup correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...