close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Create a preset in CSS Sculptor that is not Cabo Sunset

Thread began 5/21/2010 9:07 am by kirsten407651 | Last modified 6/28/2010 7:23 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3879 views | 15 replies |

kirsten407651

Create a preset in CSS Sculptor that is not Cabo Sunset

As instructed by Super Suite I am trying to generate a preset from CSS Sculptor using the Output tab.

To get to the Output tab I select customise CSS which means that it reverts from my selection of Moab to Cabo sunset and it's associated images.

How do I get round this eg creating a preset that isn't the default

Many thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

MikeH

Hi
This problem was created while I was working with Jimmy on another problem I did mention to them that this was an issue but it seems to have been missed in this update the way I fix it is to replace the wacs_quickinsert.js file that is in your

C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5\en_US\Configuration\Commands

folder on windows find the AppData folder by using the %AppData% in file manager (works for ALL indows version)

You would need to replace it with the previous versions wacs_quickinsert.js not sure if that would break CS5 compatability though.

Possibly WA can confirm that we can still use the previous version if not Ill try it later and post back.

Mike

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue Kirsten, you can update the ticket or check on it's status by logging in and visiting your support history.

supporthistory.php

To Mike, if your workaround is doing the job for you currently that is good to hear. If you would like for me to open a ticket for you as well just let me know.

MikeH

Hi Eric
I can save you lots of messing around and time. During the tracking of another bug which is now fixed these lines were added to the file wacs_quickinsert.js

if you comment them out or remove them Sculptor will work without a hitch and you can change preset as you wish.

The lines look like this:

//Need to reset the global index to fix bug 6299 - DC
wa.onchange.designType();
wa.onchange.design();

These are the lines 495, 496, 497. I hope that helps in saving you time.

Mike

Eric Mittman

Thank you very much for pointing out the specific code changes that need to be made. I will ensure that the engineer working on this is aware and checks the result of commenting out these lines.

MikeH

Hi Eric
Your welcome of I have tried it on my clean PC and all certainly seems to run with no issues so hopefully this will be verified.

Mike

Eric Mittman

Indeed, thanks again. Keep your eyes on this thread to look for any update.

Jimmy Wu

Looks like that fix wasn't implemented correctly, so if you take it out those lines its fine. You actually only need to remove this line to get it working:
wa.onchange.designType();

kirsten407651

Creating new preset

While it seems there is still a problem creating a preset that is not the default I decided to go ahead creating new presets thinking I can customise once I had created the Site with SiteAssist.

I have followed the steps to create a new SiteAssist layout using the Preset Manager, but after creating the new layout name my choice is to choose a design type and then the same design styles presets. The instructions say I should be able to choose from a sculptor menu list which would include my new presets. no matter where I look I can't find them. I have created at least three.

How do I make them appear as an option

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should see an edit button in SiteAssist where you choose your preset. Click that and you can add a new one based on your siteassist template and menu writer menus.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...