close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Argh, javascript errors...???

Thread began 5/20/2010 6:00 pm by angelleye | Last modified 5/25/2010 3:55 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1937 views | 5 replies |

angelleye

Argh, javascript errors...???

Is there any way to fix this without wasting time removing all my extensions and re-installing them all..??? I really hope so. Please see attached image...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Have you tried the steps outlined in the common installation issues document?
common_installation_issues.pdf

angelleye

Yes, I've tried that with no luck. Seems the only way I can ever fix this is to remove every single extension I have installed and start from scratch. Of course, this wastes quite a bit of time.

Why does this happen? I've used this extension many times and nothing has changed. No new extensions or anything like that recently.

I was actually in a site getting ready to use this extension and it loaded just fine. Then I realized my testing server wasn't configured for that site so the options in the DataAssist wizard weren't able to see a database.

I canceled and setup my testing server...like I've done a thousand times...now my DataAssist extension is trashed. I can't get it to load the wizard in ANY of my sites.

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure why canceling the wizard would cause this error. This error is generally resolved by deleting the cache file as instructed in the common installation wizard. One thing you can try instead of installing all the extensions again is to just uninstall and install DataAssist again.

olle189996

Hi.
I run into this problem all the time. I always end up with trashing the config folder. (I have tried the other soulutions first.)

This is a major hassle. I takes to much time. And I'm loosing all the settings for other extensions an workspace layouts and such.
You need to get this investigated and fixed!

I have some posts about it in the forums, but I don't post everytime it happens.

Regards
Olle

Jimmy Wu

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. If we can't reproduce the issue, we can't investigate the reasons that it would happen.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...