close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Duplicate entry '11' for key 2

Thread began 5/20/2010 6:54 am by gjdunn405023 | Last modified 5/25/2010 6:25 pm by Eric Mittman | 1862 views | 7 replies |

gjdunn405023

Duplicate entry '11' for key 2

Not sure what this means. Recently changed an URL variable (result is "11") but don't see where the problem is, or what "key 2" is.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Please explain a little about when you are seeing this error and what exactly you have changed and what it was before.

This error usually means that you are trying to specify an id during an insert that already exists in the db.

gjdunn405023

Thanks for the response. Gawd I'm confused.

That error is gone (not sure what I did). Now when I try to Login from any page I get a new error: "Table 'globalmix.users' doesn't exist".

"globalmix" is my site, but I've searched the entire site with no results for 'globalmix.user'

Any thoughts appreciated, as always.

Regards,

Eric Mittman

Normally a message like this is referring to the db and table name: globalmix.users. Are you getting this error locally or on a live server? What is the name of your db? What page are you getting this error on and when does it occur? Please post back with this info and a copy of the page in question.

gjdunn405023

Thanks again for the response - great support!

I'm using Dreamweaver and Navicat. My local site is connected to my testing server. I have 2 databases: GlobalMix (for dynamic pages), and GlobalMix2 (for UserRegistration services). Neither one of them has a table with that name.

My originating page is "206.130.43.10/UserRegistrationGM/users_LogIn.php"
And when I hit Login, it shows as "206.130.43.10/UserRegistrationGM/users_LogIn.php?" with the error message.

What format would you like the pages in?

Regards.

Eric Mittman

It sounds as though the two different db connections are getting confused. The error is telling you that it can't find your users table in the globalmix db. This seems correct based on what you have posed here since the users are part of the registration setup and those tables are in the GlobalMix2 db.

Do you maintain two different connection files for the site? If so it seems that you have one referenced after the other and the db that are being used are getting mixed up. You need to ensure that the connection to GlobalMix2 is included just before any of the user related code. If the wrong include is being referenced you will receive an error like the one you mentioned.

Do you have a requirement to use both databases for this? It is not conventional to have more than a single db referenced in a site like this unless there is a specific need for it. What happens if you combine the db's?

gjdunn405023

Is there some way to contact you offline? I would like to send a copy of my "localhost.php" file for questions.

Regards

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can exchange some more info in private. To update your ticket login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...