close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE code has ! and cannot be edited

Thread began 5/18/2010 8:49 am by bjgarner241692 | Last modified 5/19/2010 4:09 pm by Jimmy Wu | 966 views | 4 replies |

bjgarner241692

UE code has ! and cannot be edited

I created these pages a few weeks ago and not cannot edit them. The behaviours show an exclamation mark and when I open them none of the info is available.

The behaviours do work on the server and I just took copies from the server to see if that resolved the issue.

I have recreated site cache, removed UE and restored UE.

I'm using UE 3.07

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The most likely cause for this is that you don't have all your files contained in the site that you are working on. Please copy all your site files to the currently opened site in Dreamweaver and try to edit the pages again and see if that works for you. The reason the behavior is editable, but none of the information is saved is because the Universal Email server behavior will look for the webassist files in the root of the current directory and those aren't found, so the behavior cannot be prepopulated.

bjgarner241692

That is incorrect.
The files are all there. I created them on this machine, then uploaded them. I did not delete any files in the meantime and I said in the previous post that I retrieved the files from the server after noting the error.

If there were missing files, they would be missing from the server too and the pages on the server work fine.

I just cannot edit them.

bjgarner241692

Turns out the problem is that the WA_Universal_Email folder is not in the root of the site, rather it was in the same folder as the page calling it. It was originally created in an empty site and then moved into a folder along with all relevant files, just as it appears - AND WORKS - on the server.

Why are all of the WA supporting files automatically created in the site root? It makes for a rather messy folder structure at times. I would prefer to keep these folders where I want them.

Jimmy Wu

That's just the way the products were designed. Having the set location being the root of the site reduces ambiguity and keeps things consistent. For future versions of the products, a single WebAssist directory should be generated with all the subfolders there instead of one directory for each product.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...