close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

orders_Detail and product options

Thread began 5/17/2010 4:56 pm by adam106173 | Last modified 5/27/2010 4:04 pm by Eric Mittman | 2278 views | 9 replies |

adam106173

orders_Detail and product options

On the orders_Detail.php page, there is no record of any of the options one might have purchased. This was also the case on the email receipt page. I put code on that page which has taken care of it. But I'm not sure how to do this for the orders_Detail page. The info is pulled from the orderdetails table. I really hope I don't have to add another column, because that scares me. How can I put record of the options on this page?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I'm including an updated version of the order details page that the user sees when they visit their order history. Please make sure to backup your existing page then give this updated page a try to see if it resolves the issue you are experiencing with the missing options.

Attached Files
orders_Detail (with options).zip

adam106173

Hello,

The page you attached is the exact same file. I did replace it and no difference. However, this wasn't the page I was even talking about, although now I realize I need that page fixed too. The page I was referring to is the one in the Admin. Same name. There's no way for my client to see what options a customer might have ordered. So now I'm looking for both pages to be updated.

I also noticed there is an order_Detail page as well (no "s") in the Admin folder. Don't know what that is, but it's not linked properly and I don't think it's used.

adam106173

I've attached the Admin version that I was initially referring too.

adam106173

Also, there is no image for the customer email receipt. I tried adding this by looking at code from my earlier site using eCart, but cannot get it to work. Can you help with that?

Eric Mittman

I' attached a version of the orders_Detail page that is currently working and showing product options. This page has code to check for the options and to print the name of the option as well as the value for it.

In order for you to see the options they must be stored in the db. If you check in your orders detail table you should see the options included in the products name. Have you updated your confirm and pp_confirm pages? These pages will need an important update to record the options in the order details table. I'm including a copy of these pages for you as well.

The order_Detail.php page does not appear to be used currently, it looks like a first run version of the page.

For the email receipt you will need to ensure that the image is using a full http style web address for the source. What does the current image source look like that you are using?

Attached Files
adding order details - confirm and pp_confirm pages.zip
orders_Detail.zip

adam106173

I downloaded the two files, but have not implemented them yet. Attached is a screenshot of my ordersDetail table. I do not have the column you are referring to, do I? I want to get this sorted before I replace the files. If I need to add a column, maybe you can send me a screen shot like what I sent you to ensure I do it right?

I hope you can respond today.

Eric Mittman

Your table looks fine, these values are stored in the detail name column along with the name. You will need to ensure that you have the new confirm and pp_confirm pages in place in order to ensure that the details will be properly stored in the db. Once they are you should be able to see them in this version of the order details page. Let us know if you have any problems with it.

adam106173

Thank you, this solved the issue with the Admin order_Detail. Now that that's working, do you have an replacement file for the user order_Detail?

Eric Mittman

There has been updates to all of the files involved, here is an updated order details page for you. Let us know if you need any of the other pages.

Attached Files
orders_Detail.php.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...