close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

emails not being sent if form does not have a method

Thread began 5/17/2010 1:12 pm by cliff74033 | Last modified 5/21/2010 11:07 am by toms016390756 | 2921 views | 9 replies |

cliff74033

emails not being sent if form does not have a method

Hi,

Have done quite a lot with an earlier version of Universal Email and thought I was quite confident with it but this one just doesn't seem to work.

I have made the simplest possible example on assetsecurelive.greenorange.net/ and attach the files that my Universal Email has produced.

Comparing it with an earlier form I did - contact6.php - I notice that nothing has been put in the opening form tag.

Another odd thing is that my Dreamweaver CS4 won't do the design view even though a test server has been defined.

Thanks,

Cliff

Attached Files
assetsecurelive.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

tom92909Beta Tester

Did you uninstall the older version of Universal Email before installing the new version?

Dani Chankhour

The code that is in your other form is client side validation that was added using Validation Toolkit. Universal Email does not place any code in your form tag.

is the problem that the email not being sent?

cliff74033

Doesn't seem to do anything at all

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  The code that is in your other form is client side validation that was added using Validation Toolkit. Universal Email does not place any code in your form tag.

is the problem that the email not being sent?  

Hi Dani,

From the sending end it seems clear that nothing is happening - as if it's not seeing the scripts - please just click on assetsecurelive.greenorange.net/.

The opening form tag just says <form> which I guess is OK after what you say above?

Perhaps the fault would be clear to you if you had a look in my zip file?

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Dani Chankhour

I see the issue, in the form tag you just need to add a method, since forms will use 'get' by default. Change the form tag to:

<form method="post">

cliff74033

Solved!

Hi Tom, Dani,

That's it, Dani - just needed "post" in the form tag.

And sincere thanks to both of you and Tom.

Best wishes,

Cliff

cliff74033

Spoke too soon - attachment problems now

HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD THIS ON SO PLEASE GOT TO showthread.php?t=13095

Hi again,

Seem to be having an unlucky time.

Emails are arriving fine and so are "entered value" attachments but submitted files are not.

The site is still assetsecurelive.greenorange.net/ and I attach grabs of the screens I took as I set it up and a zip of the whole site.

Maybe some parameter is missing from my file field?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cliff

Attached Files
assetsecurelive_a.zip

Dani Chankhour

Thanks for updating the thread.

toms016390756

Thanks!

cliff74033

Uninstalling

Originally Said By: tom92909
  Did you uninstall the older version of Universal Email before installing the new version?  

Hi Tom,

That's the only thing on my conscience. Installed the new one without removing the old one (the new one seemed perfectly happy about it after a query) but then saw the instruction to remove the old one first so I removed the new one and reinstalled again.

If this is likely to be the problem can you advise me how to manually clean things up and start again if that's the best thing?

The redundant file management/uploader extension has been removed.

LATER:
Since writing the above I thought I'd use my Mac Time Machine to restore things to before I started so I could remove the old extension as instructed. I restored Application Support/Adobe, Apps/Dreamweaver, and Apps/Extension Manager, but Universal Email 4 is still showing in the restored Extension Manager. Really can't think of what to do now.

Thanks,

Cliff

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...