close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

removing the form name from fields in email

Thread began 5/14/2010 1:26 pm by telegen324627 | Last modified 7/09/2010 9:36 am by Eric Mittman | 3570 views | 11 replies |

telegen324627

removing the form name from fields in email

How can i set the e-mail not to appear in this formatt "Contact me_group_name"?
I know that by changing the fieldset or group label on the CSS form builder the value changes on the e-mail, but i want on the e-mail to only appear the label of the set, not the label of the fieldset or of the group. Can you please help me out with this>

the results on the e-mail look like this:

Form Submitted:
5-14-2010 | 2:51 PM CDT

fieldset group Name:
atan

fieldset group Last of SSN:

fieldset group Age:

fieldset group DOB:
a

fieldset group Sex:
Male

fieldset group Home Address:
akdflakjdflkadfj

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You can update the template for the email that you are using to get rid of the first part of the fields name. In the webassist > email > templates look for your template file then open it up and find the following piece of code with cmd+f:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("_"," ",$pkey)); ?>

update this code to be like this instead:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("fieldset group """str_replace("_"," ",$pkey))); ?>

I think this will get rid of the name of the form element from the message body for you. Give this a try and let us know if you have any other troubles with it.

telegen324627

Still having the same problem

I did go ahead and replaced the blank.php file on the folder as suggested but still have the same issue.

this is how it looks on the e-mail side

Contact me group Dogs: None
Contact me group Cats: Inside
Contact me group Birds: Inside
Contact me group Horse: Outside

Eric Mittman

It looks like this is a different form, you could do something similar and use this code:

php:
<?php echo(str_replace("Contact me group """str_replace("fieldset group """str_replace("_"," ",$pkey)))); ?>

The reason this happens is because the name of the form is prefixed to the name of the element. The code in the templates is setup to just loop over these values and print the form name and the value for it. The loop will only remove the underscores by default. Adding in this code makes it remove the underscores and the phrases "fieldset group " and "Contact me group ".

Another way you could do this would be to edit the template file and go to the bindings tab and add 'form data' then select the page that has the form on it. This will get the form bindings into the template page, now you can just drag and drop the form values where you would like to see them in the message. You can then make the label say whatever you would like it to say.

telegen324627

Thanks

Thanks Eric, this works

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear it, let us know if you have any other questions.

telegen324627

checkbox values do not appear

Eric,

The problem that i am coming accross now is that the values on the check boxes do not appear once i custom build the form. All the rest of the values come in the correct manner but the checkboxes. i did bind the values of the checkboxes to "input value" but still nothing. If i use the default template it works just fine. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, please help.

Attached Files
Blank_9.txt
IV Adult II.txt

Eric Mittman

It looks like you are using an array for the checkbox values. If you would like to see the values for the checkbox when it is an array like this you need to do some array manipulation.

The first thing that you should do is remove the brackets that are in the name of the posted element so it is like this:

php:
$_POST["fieldset_group_Check_any_infection_you_had_in_the_past"]

If you had it like this you would see array() for the value of the checkbox fields. You need to manipulate this array to see all of the values in it. The easiest way to do this would be to implode the array. It would look like this:

php:
<?php echo((isset($_POST["fieldset_group_Check_any_infection_you_had_in_the_past"]))?implode(", "$_POST["fieldset_group_Check_any_infection_you_had_in_the_past"]):""?>

The implode function takes an array and a separator and makes a string of values separated by the separation characters you specify. Here is a link to the php page with more info:

php.net/implode

dave378160

Hey this helped me out, thanks.

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear that. You can do some neat stuff in php with arrays and form elements, pretty powerful.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...