close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Background images & powergallery won't display in Firefox

Thread began 5/14/2010 12:53 pm by lvadnais391043 | Last modified 6/03/2010 9:38 am by Justin Nemeth | 2736 views | 7 replies |

lvadnais391043

Background images & powergallery won't display in Firefox

Hi, my CSS Sculptor page displays correctly in IE and Safari, but not Firefox. The background images of the divs don't display and the powergallery images don't display although you see the description as if it is loading. I've deleted the .dat file and resized all of the CSS settings to assure that all images fit inside the divs.
I probably have overlooked something simple since I have gone over this too many times. Any help that you can offer is appreciated. Thanks. http:index.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The page looks the same in all the different browsers for me. What version of FireFox are you using to view the page? Do you have a different computer you can test on?

lvadnais391043

Firefox 3.6.3 error in page display

Hi, Thanks for your input.
I am using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (Windows 7)
When I open the page, none of the background images display.
I did check on another computer with an older version of Firefox and it displayed correctly. Also, when I open powergallery using firefox, the page does not display correctly; for example, I cannot view the thumbnail images under the Manage Images section - there is only a small colored box that will not allow you to delete an image, only rearrange the images. Thanks again for your help.

Jimmy Wu

I just tested the page on the same environment and everything worked like it did in the other browsers as well. Can you send a screen shot of the page not showing up correctly so I can compare? Also, does the admin pages of the PowerGallery work in other browsers or does it not work on any browser? When mousing over, there should be a button with a red x on it in the top right corner of the thumbnail and a button to rotate in the bottom right corner of the thumbnail.

lvadnais391043

Difficulty with PowerGallery

Hi Jimmy,

I have attached a screen shot that you requested showing the background images missing in Firefox. Maybe I just need to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but this is frustrating.
WebAssistScreenShot.pdf

My REALLY burning issue is a slideshow in PowerGallery cutting off the right side of the page.

Also, I am trying to find the right PowerGallery slideshow and used the Full Grid Ribbon, but the customer now wants to be able to stop the slideshow, so I changed to the grid full size and resized the div tags, but the thumbnails show in three rows and that disrupts the background image layout, so I want to change to the slideshow-dissolve which will produce a fixed size with the ability to stop the slideshow to view the images.
See page 2: WebAssistScreenShot.pdf

I also made the following changes:

1.admin/common/properties.php
$GLOBALS['image_extensions'] = array('png', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif'); //use lowercase
$GLOBALS['resize_proportional'] = array(
array('w' => 1024, 'h' => 768, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 782, 'h' => 481, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 700, 'h' => 440, 'watermark' => true),
array('w' => 163, 'h' => 92)
);
2.galleries/slideshow_dissolve
//process gallery
$gallery = get_gallery(get_mediarss_url('gallery=' . $pg_id . '&thumb=62c&full=700p'));
3.Reprocessed images

Images are 700x440. I followed the resizing instructions, but I keep getting the right side of the page cut off.
Please see page 2:
WebAssistScreenShot.pdf.
Please see the difference:
design.php shows correctly
design2.php cuts off the right side of the page

Thank you again for your help.

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure why there is an embedded style applied to the outerwrapper that is specifying that it is 702px wide. That is why the gallery gets cut off on this page:
design2.php

Do you have any scripts running that would apply this embedded style on the outerwrapper?

lvadnais391043

Power Gallery Problem

Jimmy,
I don't have any other scripts running on the page.
I am very frustrated and need a fix for this immediately - my client is very anxious to get this fixed.
What files do you need to find the problem?

Justin Nemeth

The easiest fix would be to edit your gallery.js file and look for this code

this.outerWrapper = document.id('outerWrapper');

and replace it with

this.outerWrapper = false;

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...