close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

URGENT Problem with Paypal Express API

Thread began 5/13/2010 1:50 am by jon392819 | Last modified 11/02/2010 7:13 am by Jason Byrnes | 3459 views | 10 replies |

jon392819

URGENT Problem with Paypal Express API

Hi Guys,

I am using paypal express on a website hosted on a shared hosting account. I do not have SSL as I did not think I needed it. The hosting company tell me they are not blocking the paypal api URL. Everything works fine until I return from entering credit card details into paypal. Once returned to the confirm page the following happens:

1. If not logged into my website as a registered customer:

The totals and shipping displays ok but everything else is blank. The two password fields displays but no email field displays. The checkout button does not action anything.

2. If logged into my website as a registered customer:

As above, except no password fields and the checkout button actions resulting in a reciept and me thinking I have just bought something.

However, Paypal have no record of my clicking checkout. As such funds are not taken form the credit card. Please see Paypal support comment below:

"I see several SetExpressCheckout API calls over the past few days but I don't see any DoExpressCheckoutPayment API calls. Express Checkout is done through a series of API calls. The first, SetExpressCheckout, is done to start the payment. The customer will get redirected to PayPal, sign into their PayPal account, and get taken back to the merchant's website. At that point, the customer needs to click on a button that submits the DoExpressCheckoutPayment API call. The DoExpressCheckoutPayment is what actually collects the money from the buyer's account and gives it to the merchant.

There are no DoExpressCheckoutPayment API calls in the history of the account.."

Please can you help, this is now driving me mad

Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

there have been issues with Paypal, have you checked that the two tick boxes in your admin section are empty?

If they are ticked then untick them and try again

cheers

Ian

jon392819

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

Yes both are now not ticked. Test mode was ticked!!! Thanks for that, not sure how I missed that.

However problem still exists. If I login to the store and make a purchase I get the below:

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your PayPal transaction could not be completed. Please return to checkout and try again.

See attached for what happens if not loged in.

Am really stuck here. Any ideas.

Thanks

Jon

paul298707

Could you be more specfic

Originally Said By: i.edwards384429
  Hi

there have been issues with Paypal, have you checked that the two tick boxes in your admin section are empty?

If they are ticked then untick them and try again

cheers

Ian  

I'm having a similar problem with paypal express -- and want to know what you mean by the "two tick boxes in your admin section."

What two tick boxes? In PayPal? If paypal, where exactly. Can't find it.

Thank you in advance.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Tick boxes being referenced here are in the PowerStore Admin section.

If you are not using PowerStore, this will not be relevant to your problem.

i.edwards384429

update

As Jason states the tick boxes are in the admin section of powerstore.

One is on the paypal page and the other on the site page.

They allow for testing without going into real paypal accounts.

If you do not have powerstore then (as the previous post says) the comment is not relavent to you

cheers

Ian

jon392819

Recurring problem

Hi Jason,

You kindly fixed the above problem in a connect session on the 13 may last. You edited the php code as it still had sandbox or test mode set to true even after I had un ticked both of these. I think I have the same problem again. It an install I did nearly a year ago but only now getting to test it before it goes live. Could you let me know where in the code I should look to ensure testmode and sandbox are off.

Thanks

Jon

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Is this for power store 3?

if so, this has been fixed in the 3.01 update that was recently released.

you will need to download the new power store 3.01 files to correct the problem.

jon392819

Update

Guys, I have the exact same problem with a second install of powerstore. I am now really fed up. Do you know what the problem could be? If not please say as I will ditch this product not because its rubbish, but because I do not have time to spend huinting a fix.

Thanks

Jon

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

You also reported this issue in another thread which I started a support ticket for you did not respond.

I honestly know what the problem is and will need to troubleshoot it with you in a support call.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...