close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Working on Multiple Shipping Types

Thread began 5/12/2010 1:39 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 5/28/2010 5:02 pm by Eric Mittman | 3175 views | 12 replies |

mrobben375515

Working on Multiple Shipping Types

I've been trying to search the forums on how to give customers multiple shipping services from UPS. I was following this one (showthread.php?t=12276&highlight=shipping+options) and Eric Mittman had said to insert the drop down menu using the snippets into the form and then "Once you have added the services select list you can use the lightning bolt icon to select this form element for the service type in the shipping quote server behavior on the confirm page."

I've looked in the confirm page and haven't been able to find the shipping quote server behavior. Is it in another server behavior like the ecart object or something? If that's all I need it should be an easy fix. Please let me know what else I might need to do after that. Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

I suspect that to add that functionality you will need access to some extensions such as ecart. PS3 is designed as a standalone module which can be altered by using extensions (which are not free)

HTH

Ian

mrobben375515

I have eCart so whatever I need to do I can do it...

Eric Mittman

You should be able to follow along with the steps listed in the thread you linked to. The server behavior is called 'eCart UPS shipping(WA_Store_Cart)' on the confirm page, there is one of these for UPS, FedEx, and USPS on the confirm page.

mrobben375515

There wasn't a Server Behavior for the UPS. There was one for the Fedex and USPS. So I created one, but I don't see the UPS_Service lightning bolt in the ecart_checkout_form to select it as the shipping method. So created a binding for the UPS_Service and selected it as the method. When I uploaded the pages and went through the checkout I got this error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WA_eCart_UPS_SetSessionDefaults() in /home/content/o/n/e/onetooneweb/html/confirm.php on line 497

Attached Files
WA_Store_Cart_PHP.zip

mrobben375515

Here's the confirm page as well...

Attached Files
confirm.zip

Eric Mittman

You will first want to revert this page back to it's default state before you were getting this error. Once you have it back to normal you can add in a couple of things to help you with this. The first thing that you need to add is the form data from the checkout page. To do this go to bindings > form data, in here select the checkout page. This will get the form bindings for the checkout page on your confirm page for you.

Once you have the bindings available you will want to add a set session value server behavior from Server Behaviors > eCart > General > Set Session Value. Give the session variable a meaningful name, the for the value use the lightning bolt icon to select the service type select list from the checkout form.

Finally when you modify the shipping quote server behavior you will update the service type to use this session variable that you just created. You will need to get the page back to it's default first. Then you can add the changes to the page one at a time.

mrobben375515

Now when I go through the checkout process the shipping calculates for whatever method I choose, but it won't allow me to checkout. When I hit checkout on the confirm page, it takes me to the checkout_failure page. This has happened several times and with different credit cards. The authorize.net is not in testing mode and the shipping is enabled. Maybe I don't have something set up in eCart right. I've attached the checkout and confirm pages and WA store cart page...thanks

Attached Files
WA_Store_Cart_PHP.zip
checkout.zip
confirm.zip

Eric Mittman

If you are getting to the checkout failure page after seeing a successful shipping quote then the problem you are experiencing is most likely with the payment gateway.

You say that you are using Authorize.net correct? If so you will need to print out the full request and full response for the transaction on the checkout failure page. You can do this by adding the following code into your checkout failure page where you would like to see the info:

php:
<?php

require_once("WA_eCart/Adv_CO_Scripts/AuthNet_PHP.php");
?>The full request is: <?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Request")) ?><br/><br/><br/>The full response is: <?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Response")) ?>

If you can't determine what the problem is with this info post back with it so we can take a look, make sure to remove any sensitive details like login or credit card info.

mrobben375515

It didn't post anything. It said..

The full request is:

The full response is:

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...