close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS 2 only on one site?

Thread began 5/12/2010 11:13 am by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | Last modified 6/27/2010 6:15 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2287 views | 7 replies |

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

PowerCMS 2 only on one site?

I bought PowerCMS 1 which I was unable to use because it was really not built to give client's the log in ability to modify their own pages without giving them master password access. Am I right in reading that if I buy the upgrade to version 2, I am only allowed to use this system on 1 website? That kind of defeats the purpose of an extension/solution, when something like Drupal is free. I was thinking of getting the upgrade but with that limitation is it throwing money away. Every time I want to use it for a new site, I'd have to spend $99?? That's crazy, crazy...
Please tell me I'm wrong...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, PowerCMS2 is licensed for 1 site.

where you own powerCMS1, you would qualify for the upgrade pricing though. you first license would be 1t 49.99. We offer a volume license deal, details can be found here:
volume-licensing.php

at the end of the page, it explains the Upgrade volume licensing.

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

1 had no such restrictions?

But CMS 1 had no restrictions right ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

correct, this is a recent change to the licensing.

Jason Kline

I was not aware of this change to the license for PowerCMS 2 until today. I just upgraded a client site from PowerCMS 1 to PowerCMS 2. Now how can downgrade back to PowerCMS 1?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when upgrading, the contenthistory and content tables will be renamed to pcms2_contenthistory and pcms2_content,

All that needs to be done is to rename those tables back, and overwrite the CMS files with the ones from PCMS1, then reconfigure the WA_Globals.

cldsk369146

Can a developer's license be bought

I just noticed the 1 site limitation via the forums (didn't realize this when I bought PowerCMS 2 as I was used to the developer's licenses of the extensions). I saw the volume license pricing, is there a way to buy a developer's license for Power CMS2? I am unsure of how many licenses I will end up needing it for, but would like the piece of mind of having a license when needed, without buying them in bulk or on the spot. If this is possible, please let me know. Many thanks!

Jimmy Wu

Currently we don't have a developers license available for the solution packs. If you contact our sales department at sales@webassist.com, they may be able to provide you with some additional information on how you can take advantage of the volume pricing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...