close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore 3 Installation

Thread began 5/10/2010 6:35 pm by jowen372871 | Last modified 5/11/2010 3:08 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2311 views | 5 replies |

jowen372871

Powerstore 3 Installation

The installation wizard ran and the db was set up, but the site is not fully functional. From what I can tell, the connection string is correct, and some pages display, but not the home page or any product/cart pages. I cannot log into the store admin - tried username: annie, and pw: Ladybug1, and it just refreshes the login page and never authenticates or redirects me to the admin home page (dashboard). I checked the wa_settings table in the db and everything looks good.

URL: www.wildaboutscrapbooking.com

Any help is appreciated.

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

where the login doesn't work, the first thing I would suspect is the servers session management, use the sesssionTest.php page from the following post to test the servers session management:
showpost.php?p=23826&postcount=2

The link you provided does not go to the store files, can you provide a more direct link where I could see the problems you are reporting, and also a link to the sessionTest.php file once it is uploaded.

jowen372871

Session Test and Specific Links

I tried the session test, and I am not sure, but I think there may be a server session problem. Would you try it and verify it for me? I put it in the root.

sessionTest.php

I set the default home page docs in my htaccess settings to home.html instead of index.php because the store is currently broken and loading a blank page - I don't want the client to see this.

The link to the store is:

index.php

The login page is:
index.php

User: annie
Pass: Ladybug1

The CMS rendered pages, such as FAQ, Careers, Terms of Service, Contact Us, and Privacy Policy are all working:

faq.php

It is the home page, and any page that renders product data on the front end, and then the admin that I cannot access.

Again, thanks for any insights you can provide.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, session management is not functioning correctly on your server, you will need to contact the host to have them fix the issue, you can point them to the test page to demonstrate the problem, they should be able to get it fixed rather quickly.

jowen372871

Progress Update, Still Having Issues

I contacted the hosting provider with the session management issue, and this was their reply:

"I checked your account and noticed that the session_save path was not set. This is the reason you were experiencing the issue. However, I have set the session_save path for your account now."

This corrected the store admin login issue - I am able to successfully login to the store admin now, but I am having a different issue with the home page and other front-end product-related pages.

index.php

I get the following error:

------------------------------------
Warning: require_once(../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web08/b1658/moo.wildaboutannie/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/web08/b1658/moo.wildaboutannie/index.php on line 1
------------------------------------

Any clues as to why? I am thinking the install did not sucessfully complete. Again, any help is appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

some how the path to the global file in the index page got changed from:
<?php require_once( "WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php" ); ?>

to:
<?php require_once( "../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php" ); ?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...