close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SiteAssist Professional 1.0.7 install problems

Thread began 5/07/2010 10:29 pm by steve225160 | Last modified 5/12/2010 10:20 am by Jimmy Wu | 1943 views | 4 replies |

steve225160

SiteAssist Professional 1.0.7 install problems

Dreamweaver CS4 vers 10 build 4117
Mac OS X 10.4.11
2x2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon 5GB ram

Deleted the MacFileCache.dat file

That didn't help so I renamed the Configuration folder, reinstalled all fresh Web Assist Extensions and then deleted WASAP_Bundle.bundle

Following that I started getting an error launching Dreamweaver about "issue due to image resampling". I can click through that one but trying to run SiteAssist Professional I'm getting a slightly different JavaScript than I originally had. I'm stuck.

I'm no longer getting the "issue due to image resampling" error when launching Dreamweaver. But still getting the JavaScript error and not able to enter the serial number. I'm seeing a blank popUp where I usually enter a WebAssist serial number, but I get no further.

I tried a couple more times. Delete the MacFileCache.dat and WASAP_Bundle.bundle files. Same results. Other WebAssist Extensions are working but I can't get to the point of entering the serial number for SiteAssist Professional.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

This line of code refers to your machine not being able to connect to our activation server to activate the software. If you have any security, virus scan or firewall software running, please deactivate it before running the extension. If you are still having trouble please post back.

steve225160

software firewall off

The WebAssist Memento connects and I have Universal email, eCart, DataAssist and several other WebAssist extensions (installed fresh since last Friday night) all running with my software firewall on and behind a router. But I turned my software firewall off and launched SiteAssist Professional again and below is the error message.

steve225160

activation worked

So while I have my software firewall off (I didn't make any changes to my router) I uninstalled SiteAssist Professional 1.0.7. Closed both Adobe Extension Manager and Dreamweaver and trashed the file MacFileCache.dat (from my user library) once again.

I reinstalled SiteAssist Professional 1.0.7, launched Dreamweaver and tried the extension again. And for the first time I'm able to enter my activation number for this extension.

I guess I'll continue to toggle my Mac's software firewall on and off as I need to use the WebAssist Extensions. Unless I hear otherwise from WebAssist support. I'd rather not go through this crazy activation ritual any more often than necessary.

Jimmy Wu

Yes, that would be the best way to get the extensions working. If you're unable to connect to our activation server, you would get that error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...