close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Images Upload

Thread began 5/06/2010 10:35 pm by Pardall1955 | Last modified 5/13/2010 7:21 am by CraigR | 2486 views | 14 replies |

Pardall1955

Images Upload

I need to place an option on the admin cpanel image details page after image is uloaded so that the administrator can see and approve it before it is released to the customers page.

Can that be done??? If it can, can you give me some imput on how to.

thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

are you storing the image details in a database ?

if so, include a field in the image table, (for example called display), set to 'false' by default.

once approved, the administrator can update the display field to 'true'

Jimmy Wu

As Craig stated, the one way you can do this is to store the details of each upload in the database (which I would recommend) and have an additional column that stores if it is approved or not. If you don't want to store the details in a database, you will have to upload to a directory and then once the image is approved copy it over to the user directory to display.

Pardall1955

Yes I have stored the info to the database, everything is controlled dynamically.

And I have a page where then can upload up to 10 images.

Should I then place a check button on the members_update page , to approve it is that it? could you place a little scenario here.

What about if I don't approve one or two images out of the 10. how do I go about it on the approval or update page?

CraigRBeta Tester

Here is a scenario.

You have images being uploaded by a number of different users and there is an administrator for approving the images...

When an image is uploaded, a row is inserted into the database, one of the fields is 'Display', (i tend to use tinyint as a data type), with a default value of 0.

on the page which displays the image(s), add some filter criteria to the recordset, something like "SELECT * FROM tblimages WHERE Display = 1"

Now, only images which have been 'approved' will be shown

Somewhere in the site's admin section, you need to create a page in order to update your image table Display value.

Here you would change the value of the 'Display' field to 1 or 0, for any image, effectively showing or hiding any uploaded image.

The same principle works for text or any other content you want to have control over.

Pardall1955

Ok, that works fine, but now when every time when I update the member profile, If I donĀ“t check the check-box it will set it to display image to 0 again, I tried several options here to read the information from the Display Image database column, but the only one that comes back is the text field.

Is there another way to have the check-box read the field from the database and be already checked if the image is approved.

A menu option would be ideal since you can read the dynamic info from the database, but how would that work as you update it. Even with a hidden field before the update menu option it would also require you to determine again with yes(value1) or no(value0) as you update the customer form again.

thanks for the help.

Also, I would like to download again the Recepies Files for Digital Files Pro, they are no longer in the download area, there are some issues I wanted to verify again and I think I lost the old ones since my computer crashed a couple of weeks ago. can you place them in a zip file somewhere and pass me the link or send it to my email at: ejsdp-br@hotmail.com

I really appreciated it. I think there are 7 files altogether.

Jimmy Wu

You could write out the checked attribute of the checkbox if you are dynamically displaying the different photo information which would accomplish what you're looking for. Otherwise, you could just display only the ones that need to be displayed and only update those rows instead.

I'm not sure I'd be able to get you the files unless I know which ones you're looking for specifically. Which solution recipe are you trying to follow?

CraigRBeta Tester

"I tried several options here to read the information from the Display Image database column, but the only one that comes back is the text field."

From your comment, it sounds like the display image column is not in your recordset.

Using either a checkbox or list/menu, look at the object properties and click on the dynamic button, use this to select the value from the recordset.

Pardall1955

Hi Craig

I've done that, but let me explain a little more, I don't think I made it completely clear.

If I use the either the check box of the menu list, and dynamically connect it to the database field (displayImage) I would only get the number (1=yes)(0=no) but as I would update it if the number is for example 1, it would go back to be 1 again.
And if I have a static menu option YES and NO, then I'm back to the beggening problem not being able to display the dynamic element from the table row(displayImage).

The other problem I first encountered was that I was trying to do all the update and displaying the image option on the update form. But it did not work, what was happening was that it was hiding the member as I would set it to NO(0) and show it again once I set it to Yes(1). That did not make sense to me, since I only wanted to be able to hide or show the image. Since the element was being updated to the displayImage field only.

So I had to make a separate page just to approve the image and it then worked.

Now the other criteria that you mentioned before "add some filter criteria to the recordset, something like "SELECT * FROM tblimages WHERE Display = 1" DID NOT WORK...

because when I make a link passing the parameter to the aproveImage page. On the displayImage page the parameter ended up looking like this.

======================

SELECT MembrosID, FotoLarge, DisplayImage
FROM membros
WHERE MembrosID = ParamMembrosID AND DisplayImage = 1

======================

then nothing was passed from the previous page.

Regards.

Pardall1955

Hi Jimmy,

The solution recepies were the video tutorials about setting up DIGITAL FILE PRO, all of them.

Regards,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...