close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart type mismatch

Thread began 5/25/2009 10:56 am by rick68389 | Last modified 5/26/2009 12:05 pm by Ray Borduin | 3181 views | 8 replies |

rick68389

ecart type mismatch

I've had an ecart working on a site quite nicely for a number of years. I was just making a few changes to the look of the site and had updated to ecard 4.5. And now I have a problem. I'm now getting a type mismatch error when working out charges. this didn't happen before 4.5 and I haven't made any alterations that would cause this. Any iders anyone?

Sign in to reply to this post

tom250037Beta Tester

Did you upload the include files in the WA_eCart folder? If you updated to 4.5, it could have made some changes to those include files.
Are you getting the error from the server when you are checking out online, or in the wizard in dreamweaver?

rick68389

Thanks for your reply. I really didn't mean to put 4.5 live as my site was working ok. But I ran a sync in Dreamweaver and that was my mistake. I get the type mismatch in both Dreamweaver and on the web server.

tom250037Beta Tester

What is the exact error you are getting and what file and line does it say its in? That might make it easier to debug to see if the error is in one of the include files, or in say you cart page.

rick68389

This is the piece of code that's giving me the type mismatch error.

<%=WA_eCart_DisplayMoney(Aciv8_eCart,CDbl(WAEC_ShippingIncrement()) + CDbl(WAEC_ShippingBaseRate()))%>

This pags had been working fine for a number of years. It pulles in the amount for the calculation from a database. The format of these amunts hasn'r been change, there currency, so why is there now a problem?

tom250037Beta Tester

Rick,
Unfortunately I am PHP guy, so I cant help. Sorry! If you havent submitted a support ticket, thats what I would do.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code looks correct to me. the shippingincrement or shippingbaserate values must not be set properly somehow.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

rick68389

Hi Ray

Thanks for confirming that the code looks ok. What&#8217;s baffling me is that I have had this site up and running for over 5 years without any problem. I thought it was beginning to look a bit dated and decided to change the look. This I have been doing with a change of template. I have had to make any changes to the database and or the asp coding to do this. So why do I now get this problem? These fields in the database are and have always been formatted as currency and if I look at the relevant datasets the figures still appear to be as they should be..

Rick

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On top of the page, just below the <body> tag add:

<%=WAEC_ShippingIncrement()%>
<br>
<%=WAEC_ShippingBaseRate()%>

What values do they have? You may actually need to change the syntax if you have recently updated your eCart version.... that might be the problem. We changed the way rules are referred to. Try dragging and dropping them from bindings to see the new sytnax.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...