close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Customize Shipping

Thread began 3/09/2009 6:47 pm by contact341526 | Last modified 3/13/2009 7:25 am by Ray Borduin | 2867 views | 5 replies |

contact341526

Customize Shipping

Hello, I am almost done with my first ecommerce site using e-cart. I have a UPS account set up and used the checkout wizard to set up the checkout and shipping info (using local checkout and ups).

I can't figure out how to give an option to choose express shipping or ground shipping? I did not see a forum on it either. Is there any tutorial or anyone that can help walk me though this process. And what page would I put it on?

Sign in to reply to this post

dave216790

This is what I was told in a similar support ticket.

On the checkout page in the shipping part of the form you will need to add a new select list. The name does not matter so much as the options and values in it. After the select list is in place use these for the options:
<option value="01">Next Day Air</option>
<option value="02">2nd Day Air</option>
<option value="03">Ground</option>
<option value="07">Worldwide Express</option>
<option value="08">Worldwide Expedited</option>
<option value="11">Standard</option>
<option value="12">3 Day Select</option>
<option value="13">Next Day Air Saver</option>
<option value="14">Next Day Air Early AM</option>
<option value="54">Worldwide Express Plus</option>
<option value="59">2nd Day Air AM</option>
<option value="65">Express Saver</option>
Once this is in place you will need to edit the UPS shipping server behavior that is on the confirm page. In here you will use the lightning bolt for the service type and choose this new select list that you put in the checkout form.

You may also need to know...
On your confirm page you may need to go to Bindings > Form Data and select your checkout page to get the form bindings available on this page. After you do this you should see the form from the checkout page, on my confirm page it is eCart_checkout_form.

orderthat357199

I was looking for this information. It worked just as it should. Thanks.

contact341526

changing ups totals

I did what you described and it worked great, however now I am running into sort of a custom issue and am hoping there is some code out there that someone might know.

I have this cart set up to automatically submit xml data to a fulfillment company - so that all orders are fulfilled in real time. The problem is that the xml data need to match theirs exactly. So where UPS required the values that you posed for their shipping methods - the fulfillment company required different values or just the text of shipping type. I can't change the form value or it will not work with ups. My shipping value is being stored in a mysql database and then being posted to the xml data.

How can I create some kind of code that says for example if shipping value is 03 then post "UPS GROUND"
if shipping value is 02 then post "UPS 2nd DAY AIR" and so on.

I am using php.

Thank you so much for any help that can be supplied.

contact341526

Got it

Never mind on my previous post - I think that being up till 2AM got to my head:) All I needed was an if else condition.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think this code and similar lists for other shipping providers and settings are contained as snippits in DW as well, so you can drag and drop them onto the page from there.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...