close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Upload page not working

Thread began 4/27/2010 3:29 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 4/30/2010 1:03 pm by Eric Mittman | 2746 views | 12 replies |

mrobben375515

Upload page not working

I tried to create an upload page and I keep getting the .php?invalid=true extension after I hit insert. The data doesn't go into the database and the code doesn't make it to the email redirect so I'm sure something is wrong with the insert record. the url is upload_file.php and I've attached the file. Thanks in advance

Attached Files
upload_file.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The validations are failing, this is why you get the valid = false in the URL. To determine what validation is failing you should add a new line just after line 29 and put this code in the new line:

php:
die("the WAFV_Errors are: " . $WAFV_Errors);

This will let you know what validations are failing by the number, you can then look at the validation number on your page to see what one is failing. It looks like you have validations ranging from 1 to 6 currently on the page. Please post back and let us know what the result is.

mrobben375515

the WAFV_Errors are: ,3

so it has to do with the insert record behavior "File" field. right now I have the value set to
<?php echo ((isset($_FILES["Log_in_group_File"]))?$_FILES["Log_in_group_File"]["name"]:""); ?>

I'm not sure what to set it to. I tried setting it to the simple file name, but that didn't work either.

Eric Mittman

The value that you are specifying for the insert is fine, it is the form element that you are validating that is the problem. Instead of referring to it as $_POST["Log_in_group_File"] you should refer to it as $_FILES["Log_in_group_File"]. Try updating line 24 to be like this:

php:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRQ((isset($_FILES["Log_in_group_File"])?$_FILES["Log_in_group_File"]:"") . "",true,3);

I think this will get it working correctly for you.

mrobben375515

works like a charm...thanks

mrobben375515

so I tried to make another upload page on a different site, after I finished the page I went and changed the POST to FILES and it worked. Then I added a universal email behavior and now I get these lines of errors...I've attached the php doc...the url is upload_files.php

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php on line 47

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php on line 47

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php:47) in /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/mail_php.php on line 285

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php:47) in /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/mail_php.php on line 285

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php:47) in /home/content/61/5153161/html/upload_files.php on line 170

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php:47) in /home/content/61/5153161/html/upload_files.php on line 170

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/61/5153161/html/webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php:47) in /home/content/61/5153161/html/upload_files.php on line 172

Attached Files
upload_files.zip

Eric Mittman

The error is coming from webassist/email/waue_upload_files_1.php, please post back with that file so we can take a look at it.

mrobben375515

here it is....

Attached Files
waue_upload_files_1.zip

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the file, I think that I can see the problem, it looks like the page that was used for the message was originally a template. It seems that the template declarations are coded with js script possibly. If you can post back with the page the email body was derived from I might be able to see why it was set like this.

To fix it try updating line 47 in waue_upload_files_1.php to be like this instead:

php:
$MailBody = $MailBody . "<!-- In\"+\"stanceEndEditable --><!-- In\"+\"stanceEndEditable --></body> <!-- In\"+\"stanceEnd --><!-- In\"+\"stanceEnd --></html>";

Let us know how this works for you.

mrobben375515

Now it works, thanks for the help. Do you mean the derived page as in the upload_files.php that I created it from? I can upload whatever file if it'll help you guys...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...