Using various extensions
My colleague wrote and asked this a few days ago:-
I have a client who needs the following and I wonder if you could advise me which extensions I would need to achieve the following:-
1. User registers for a new account or if they already have an account they log in
2. They press a button to create a new licence for the use of an online design software.
3. Pay for this licence through Paypal.
4. After the payment has gone through it will update their account in the database and store the expiry date of the licence.
5. When they log in through the app, it will check expiry date stored in the database with the current date and if it is expired they will be directed to the payment gateway.
I would be grateful for any pointers.
Many thanks Denys
You replied and said this.
At the very least it sounds like you'll need to use either the User Registration Solution Pack or Security Assist to set up the registration/log in functionality, eCart to set up the transaction and DataAssist to handle the database manipulation.
I wonder if you could advise us as to which of the extensions you recommend should be used first to achieve our goal. In other words the order we should be creating this website.