close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal not working

Thread began 4/19/2010 11:48 am by brandoli400690 | Last modified 4/27/2010 6:13 pm by Eric Mittman | 4692 views | 11 replies |

brandoli400690

Paypal not working

Greetings:
Paypal Express is not carrying through as a full sale, only as an authentification request, so no payment is ever actually carried through, although I get an email from my Powerstore site saying order received on a test sale, but no paypal info included on the form. Just spent the morning with Paypal discussing why this is happening. Something in the code is not carrying through to close the sale and have actual credit exchanged.

Anyway, although I need to get this working so I can receive credit card payments, I didn't really want Paypal Express, but you only give us 2 choices, Paypal Express or Paypal Pro.

What do I need to do is to be able to choose the Paypal Website Payments Standard rather than the full Paypal Pro. Paypal Express is too limiting, and Paypal Payments Pro is too expensive for my level of eCommerce required. I see that someone else also noted this in another post but there was no definitive answer. Is there any way to do this without totally starting over, adding buttons and coding? Or if I choose Paypal Payments Pro in the admin section, will the setup still work for Payments Standard?
Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

I've made some suggestions as to acure for this issue in another post. Simply from my experience I found that the API is actually three APIs which for some reason in my case were not being passed. If you check the other post it may solve your problem

However if you want to change the gateway I beleive you can do this if you own or subscribe to the Ecart module.

HTH

Ian

Eric Mittman

Payments Standard is not a supported option for PowerStore. Implementing it would be custom and require hand coding in areas to make it work. I would not suggest doing it this way as it seems to be more trouble than it is worth.

If you use the Express Checkout only option it should function very similar to Payments Standard, except the user will be returned to your site to finish the transaction and you will get immediate confirmation. The flow with Payments Standard by comparison is not as simple and you need to rely on an IPN page to listen for the details about the transaction from PayPal, then have that page update the db and send email receipts.

You can still use Express Checkout to have users pay with their credit card on PayPal's site, you just need to check that this is an option for you, here is some more info about this:

PayPal has an "Account Optional" setting in your PayPal account Profile, under Payment Receiving Preferences. Ensure that it is on.
However, note that the PayPal account optional is not available for all locations, some locations (or countries, including China) are required by PayPal to have a PayPal account before making a transaction. In this same regard, if the IP address of the buyer is determined by the system to be at a location where the PayPal account optional is not available, they will be required to create a PayPal account.

If you are still having trouble with the Express Checkout API interaction and are not seeing all of the details let us know and I will ensure that a ticket is opened up for you.

brandoli400690

paypal not working

I had Paypal Express set up when I made the test.

The main problem is as quoted below:
"Paypal Express is not carrying through as a full sale, only as an authentification request, so no payment is ever actually carried through, although I get an email from my Powerstore site saying order received on a test sale, but no paypal info included on the form or in my paypal account. Just spent the morning with Paypal discussing why this is happening. Something in the code in Powerstore3 is not carrying through to close the sale and have actual credit exchanged."

Still not working. Guess I will need that ticket set up, thanks.

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you to get this issue looked into further. To update the ticket or check on it's status login and visit your support history.

carleneBeta Tester

Interesting...I'm having the exact same problem. Glad to know it's not me. Please post the resolution!

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so it can be looked into further. To update the ticket login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

elton

Paypal not working

Me too. If I turn on shipping it fails PayPal EVERY TIME

Eric Mittman

I would like to ensure that you are dealing with the exact same issue if I open a ticket for you on this. Please describe what you see when you attempt to checkout with PayPal and what the end result is. Also post back with some info on how and when you enabled shipping. and when it stopped working.

elton

PowerStore 3 - PayPal Express fails when shipping enabled

Every time...immediately after enabling shipping the failure is always the same. (note image attached and the "shipping failure in the URL) If I turn off shipping it again works.

checkout_failure.php?shipping=fail

User: XXXXXXX
Server: shippingapi.dll
Domestic Ship Type: Priority
International Ship Type: Global Express (EMS)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...