close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Attachment Upload not getting emailed to me

Thread began 4/16/2010 4:42 am by elevy388997 | Last modified 4/27/2010 12:29 pm by Eric Mittman | 2870 views | 15 replies |

elevy388997Beta Tester

Attachment Upload not getting emailed to me

I asked this question in my other post in CSS Sculptor but I figured this is the correct place for it.

I have a contact form with file attachment. The form gets sent fine, I get the email, and the attachment goes to a folder on my server. That is all fine and dandy but for now I want the attachment to go to my email along with the other information. I went to file manipulation > upload and the UE4 attachments and everything gets recognized as a file upload field, but i never get it in my email.

Also, for the future, I am wanting to create an ALL-In-One log in solution for my website. I have about 9 different areas I deal with (animation, graphic design, printing etc) and I want the user to be able to log in anywhere on the site, and get a "control panel" with there orders, contact status (they contact me with inquiries and such), uploaded files, etc Where do I start with this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

To get the file attached to your email message you will need to configure the file attachment settings within the Universal Email server behavior that you have on the page. This is what makes the file attach to the email message instead of just being uploaded to the server.

For the all in one login and panel feature you could start with SecurityAssist to create the user registration and login experience. You can then craft a panel page that is filtered by the id of the logged in user. The guide that we have for making an order history page would probably most helpful in this. It can be found here on the eCart support page:

ecart/

elevy388997Beta Tester

I thought I had it configured correctly, but I guess I don't?

webassist_emailattachment.jpg

paul405318

Universal Email with upload attachment

I too am trying to get the upload function to work with my universal email.
I have a custom form made with CSS Form Builder, also used UE to Create Email Message.
Tested the form and it works fine sending the form to the designated email address.
But when I add a "File field to upload" it does not attach the file to the email.
What am I missing here?

Under Edit in CSS Form builder I:
Added a new Fieldset>Group 1>Set 1>Field: 1>Type: File>Size: Large
Validation Required (unchecked)
Also note that when adding the file field/upload to the form it "*requires" a file to be attached even when under the form builder setting the Validation Required is unchecked. This is a bug.

Here's the Server info in DW:

if (!isset($_SESSION))session_start();
if (($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST")) {
//WA Universal Email object="mail"
set_time_limit(0);
$EmailRef = "waue_uewithupload_1";
$BurstSize = 200;
$BurstTime = 1;
$WaitTime = 1;
$GoToPage = "http://google.com";
$RecipArray = array();
$StartBurst = time();
$LoopCount = 0;
$TotalEmails = 0;
$RecipIndex = 0;
// build up recipients array
$CurIndex = sizeof($RecipArray);
$RecipArray[$CurIndex] = array();
$RecipArray[$CurIndex ][] = "theteam@diveloper.com";
$TotalEmails += sizeof($RecipArray[$CurIndex]);
$RealWait = ($WaitTime<0.25)?0.25:($WaitTime+0.1);
$TimeTracker = Array();
$TotalBursts = floor($TotalEmails/$BurstSize);
$AfterBursts = $TotalEmails % $BurstSize;
$TimeRemaining = ($TotalBursts * $BurstTime) + ($AfterBursts*$RealWait);
if ($TimeRemaining < ($TotalEmails*$RealWait) ) {
$TimeRemaining = $TotalEmails*$RealWait;
}
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Total"] = $TotalEmails;
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Index"] = 0;
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Remaining"] = $TimeRemaining;
while ($RecipIndex < sizeof($RecipArray)) {
$EnteredValue = is_string($RecipArray[$RecipIndex][0]);
$CurIndex = 0;
while (($EnteredValue && $CurIndex < sizeof($RecipArray[$RecipIndex])) || (!$EnteredValue && $RecipArray[$RecipIndex][0])) {
$starttime = microtime_float();
if ($EnteredValue) {
$RecipientEmail = $RecipArray[$RecipIndex][$CurIndex];
} else {
$RecipientEmail = $RecipArray[$RecipIndex][0][$RecipArray[$RecipIndex][2]];
}
$EmailsRemaining = ($TotalEmails- $LoopCount);
$BurstsRemaining = ceil(($EmailsRemaining-$AfterBursts)/$BurstSize);
$IntoBurst = ($EmailsRemaining-$AfterBursts) % $BurstSize;
if ($AfterBursts<$EmailsRemaining) $IntoBurst = 0;
$TimeRemaining = ($BurstsRemaining * $BurstTime * 60) + ((($AfterBursts<$EmailsRemaining)?$AfterBursts:$EmailsRemaining)*$RealWait) - (($AfterBursts>$EmailsRemaining)?0:($IntoBurst*$RealWait));
if ($TimeRemaining < ($EmailsRemaining*$RealWait) ) {
$TimeRemaining = $EmailsRemaining*$RealWait;
}
$CurIndex ++;
$LoopCount ++;
session_commit();
session_start();
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Index"] = $LoopCount;
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Remaining"] = round($TimeRemaining);
session_commit();
wa_sleep($WaitTime);
include("webassist/email/waue_uewithupload_1.php");
$endtime = microtime_float();
$TimeTracker[] =$endtime - $starttime;
$RealWait = array_sum($TimeTracker)/sizeof($TimeTracker);
if ($LoopCount % $BurstSize == 0) {
$TimePassed = (time() - $StartBurst);
if ($TimePassed < ($BurstTime*60)) {
$WaitBurst = ($BurstTime*60) -$TimePassed;
wa_sleep($WaitBurst);
}
else {
$TimeRemaining = ($TotalEmails- $LoopCount)*$RealWait;
}
$StartBurst = time();
}
if (!$EnteredValue) {
$RecipArray[$RecipIndex][0] = mysql_fetch_assoc($RecipArray[$RecipIndex][1]);
}
}
$RecipIndex ++;
}
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Total"] = 0;
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Index"] = 0;
$_SESSION[$EmailRef."_Remaining"] = 0;
session_commit();
session_start();
if ($GoToPage!="") {
header("Location: ".$GoToPage);
}
}

-----

Any help is appreciated!

paul405318

lucky?

I actually got it to work.
Here's what I did:
Under Edit in CSS Form builder I:
Added a new Group 4>Set 1>Field: 1>Type: File>Size: Small
Validation Required (unchecked)
Also note that when adding the file field/upload to the form it "*requires" a file to be attached even when under the form builder setting the Validation Required is unchecked. This is a bug.

Eric Mittman

So it seems the only thing that you changed was the size of the file field in your form correct?

To elevy388997, your setup looks correct. Did you also try to adjust the size of this field in form builder?

paul405318

Here is what is happening:
When using file>small or file>large add a label/text to the left of the file upload field using the interface. This forces it to be a required field even when Validation Required is unchecked. If you do not add text it works fine.
In english if I type text into the interface for example "Upload Your Logo" so it appears next to the upload field, it puts a *(red asterisk) next to "Upload Your Logo*" even when the Validation Required is unchecked in the interface.

elevy388997Beta Tester

I cannot seem to get that to work for me. Should I try deleting my .php contact form and re-creating it via my saved preset? I don't see why the small text box size would do anything since you have to delete it anyways to create the file upload (browse) form item.

Like I mentioned before, the email gets sent fine and I get all the information from it, and the image gets sent to the folder on my server...I just don't get the file via email. I am going to be accepting files for quotes and need the file. Maybe I should just have the form send me the filename so I can just go into my server and find the matching one...that is all I can think of doing now since for whatever reason it isn't sending the file in the email.

Also, I have the same problem with the "Phone" input. No matter what I set for the required check box, it always is required.

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can look into it further. Please login and visit your support history to update the ticket.

larsentim278054

I'm having the same problems as everyone else.

I've tried setting the email settings like the image the person before attached to this thread - where it says "submitted file" and I've also tried following the directions on that very setup page where it says to use the enter value field and I chose the first file upload record (it shows several when you go to select a record using the lightning bolt). Both ways do not attach any file to the email.

I bought universal email for this very purpose. I've followed the directions but no attachment gets added.

Can you create a support ticket for me?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...