close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DAW Freezing Up!!

Thread began 4/16/2010 2:47 am by reneas.email303886 | Last modified 4/22/2010 11:24 am by Jason Byrnes | 2175 views | 15 replies |

reneas.email303886

DAW Freezing Up!!

I have tried the some of the tips on renaming files, etc. nothing has worked. I need to know the solution preventing DAW from locking up on my machine running Windows 7 and DW CS4 asap. I have project deadlines and this is a major set back!!

Best,
Renea

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

reneas.email303886

DAW Crazy Stuff!

Jason:

Your not going to believe what I have to do in order to get DataAssist Wizard to work on my PC running Windows 7. Okay it is so crazy!! I have tried it several times so I know I am not nuts. When I am on Step 10 of 10 of the DataAssist Wizard where it hangs or locks up. I take my mouse an click once on my Dreamweaver icon in my Task bar at the bottom of my desktop and it works!!

Okay the program still has a bug or glitch, but perhaps this info will help you troubleshoot the problem and also assist others trying to get DataAssist Wizard to function. Please let me know your response to my findings... Thanks!

Best,
Renea

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not sure why you would have to do that.

I have DataAssist installed on two computers running Windows 7, one 32 bit and the other 64 bit.

Testing in both DWCS3 and DWCS4, I do not get any problems with the DataAssist wizard crashing.

reneas.email303886

Jason:

I agree with you, you should not have to do this, but I do or it does not work and the only way I realized this was my son came in my office to give me a huge and I got distracted, so I clicked the DW icon in the taskbar then clicked the Finish button in DAW and it worked. Again I have had to do this several times so I am not imagining it.

Renea

reneas.email303886

Jason:

I have yet to response another response on this issue from you. In the meantime I need to know how to achieve somthing.

I have a Current Events table within my application. My client wants to display only the last (3) events posted within an Editable Region on the front page of the website. Can you please provide brief instructions on how to achieve display only the last (3) records from that table on the front end. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

P.S. If there is anyway you can provide that answer asap, as tomorrow is our deadline to launch...

Best,
Renea

mr hankey

hi renea,

i am interested in that fix as i have dwcs4 and dwcs3 installed on a 64bit win 7 machine and i have problems with extensions installed however not just wa extensions others too.

i tried changing the compatability mode and run as administrator but did not really help until i deleted config file that seemed to speed it up again.

as for your recordset, i would say it would probably be something like :

SELECT *
FROM events
ORDER BY EventDate DESC
LIMIT 3

maybe wa support would know better. hope it helps though.

thanks

reneas.email303886

Mr. Hankey - thanks for the post. I just figured the Recordset info out on my own, as it is crunch time and I am trying to wrap up this project by tomorrow. I am happy to share my findings with you for the DW CS4 DAW freeze issue. If you have access to Skype feel free to Skype Call me at seogirl. Thanks again!

Best,
Renea

reneas.email303886

Mr. Hankey:

The code worked great; however, I had to remove a couple of Fields/Columns from my Events table like Time and the Title. Now the pages I already created with DAW don't work because they are looking for those Fields/Columns from my Event table. Can you tell me is there an easy way to correct this issue without have to recreate my pages or sort thru the code??

Best,

Renea

mr hankey

Hi Renea,

No probs I will give you a shout.

As for your recordset problems, I think I understand what you are saying.

You have an Events table yeah?

What are your columns in the table?

Unfortunately when you change the columns in the mysql database you will need to change them in your pages, for quickness if you ae happy to view the source file you could go into source code view and change the columns manually that it is looking for.

How many pages are affected?

Let me know what your setup is like and I will try my best to help you.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...