close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

success page ok, no Authorize.net transaction record

Thread began 4/15/2010 3:01 pm by lilisosad391796 | Last modified 4/21/2010 5:44 pm by Eric Mittman | 2255 views | 7 replies |

lilisosad391796

Hi, I've just setup a store for my client and all the checkout pages are working fine, she got the confirmation email from the her website but not getting any transaction reports from Authorize.net according to the client.

She even got an email with the transaction details:

************* TEST MODE *************

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : AZUL CONSERVATION PRODUCT
Date/Time : 15-Apr-2010 02:33:52 PM
Transaction ID : 0

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
Invoice Number : 6bb4e0b0610bcdb283b7
Description : 1 Mini Sand Shower Timer- 4 minute (15)
Total : US $6.09
Tax Exempt : No
Payment Method : Visa

billing address and shipping address are showing fine.

I ran the store in test mode before i configured everything and it was working fine.

the Local Checkout Server behavior in the confirm.php page has the correct settings, we doubled checked the login and transaction key with them and still nothing. Is there something that I'm forgetting to configure or does she have to check directly with Auth.net??

thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If this is from a message that you are getting currently then it looks like you still have it in test mode. There are two places where test mode is set in PowerStore if you use Authorize.net. In the site settings is the test mode check box, make sure that this is not checked. There is also a test mode available in the payment information tab when use Authorize.net. Make sure that this box is unchecked, it looks like this is the one that is causing the issue since the site settings test mode would not produce a message from Authorize.net.

lilisosad391796

I am using Ecart, should I look into the server behaviors to turn the test mode off?

Again thanks for the quick response.

Eric Mittman

Sorry about that, yes, you should check on your Authorize.NET server behavior. The value that makes it go into text mode is x_test_request, in the code it looks like this:

$AuthNet_required[0][$nextIndex] = "x_test_request";

When viewing the code it is the line that comes just after this that tells it to use the testing server. You need to make sure that this setting is set to false to make the transactions live and record with Authorize.NET.

lilisosad391796

Default success page ok, no Authorize.net transaction record

Hi again, the setting is now false and it should be working.
my client is concerned about the form validation. Whats the best way to do this?

Eric Mittman

I personally think that server side validations are best. You can apply server validations to the checkout form with CSS Form Builders server validations or by using the validation toolkit, whichever one you have.

lilisosad391796

css form validation not showing

Hi again, I applied server validations to the checkout form that I already had configured in Ecart using the wizard. I uploaded the php file and the scripts but i'ts not showing any error messages when I intentionally leave a field blank or type the wrong information.

Thanks as always for the advice.

Lili Sosa.

Eric Mittman

You will need to setup the server validations in two parts. There is the validation itself, for this you apply the Server Behaviors > WA Validation Toolkit > Server Validations. Make sure to set the failed redirect to the checkout page to stop it from proceeding.

Once you have configured the server validations you will need to craft your error messages. For this just put in some text next to a form element then highlight the text and go to WA Validation Toolkit > Validation Show If. Then select the corresponding server validation that you would like to trigger the error message in the 'if validations fail' area.

If you have not used the server validations before I would suggest that you add it to a single form element first, then apply the validation show if for the error message and test it out. This should get you going.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...