close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS and PowerGallery

Thread began 4/12/2010 5:34 pm by andy.schofield283961 | Last modified 4/15/2010 3:53 pm by Eric Mittman | 1384 views | 4 replies |

andy.schofield283961

PowerCMS and PowerGallery

Simple question that appears to be missing from any annoucement I can see...

"Does PowerCMS finally integrate with PowerGallery"

I can accept the limitation on license if I can finally throw away the mass of manual workload in providing a common interface to 2 of your newest 'solutions'. If this is not out of the box ready then is there a tutorial on interfacing the 2 i may have missed.

many thanks

Andy

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The products have not been integrated with each other in the newest releases. As for a guide there is not one available currently.

If you have both of these on your live site you should be able to just insert the PowerGallery code block into the content area of your CMS page where you would like to see the gallery.

andy.schofield283961

Eric,

Thanks for the reply. Of course I can take your point about having the site included, but surely the point of a CMS is to have a single source of login credentials which allow you to administer the site. I maybe making this harder work than is needed but unless there is a way to tie the logins of both solutions together without additional coding then management of the site content is two logins per user you wish to have access to the site.

I may not be articulating this very well but I like PowerCMS and think PowerGallery is superb but that there is a significant gap in not integrating your two flagship solutions. The common critisism of webassit tools is the lack of integration between products, considering the complexity of the tools this is usually understandable but in solution packs I cant see why there is such an issue.

shadow329043

I can't speak for v2 of the CMS product but v1 of PowerCMS and v2 of PowerGallery cannot use the same interface. They have seperate WA_Globals files (which contain the passwords) and they also have their own directories. You can probably do it if you have SecurityAssist but I haven't heard of anyone doing this. I just set my site up with the login from seperate items on the Administration menu. One for content and one for the gallery.

Eric Mittman

It is not currently supported to have both of these solutions in the same root directory and rely on the same login without some modification to the solutions. I have logged a feature request to have them integrated with each other on a higher level so they can be used in the same root directly and have the same logins for both.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...