close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powergalleries not working

Thread began 4/12/2010 3:57 pm by chris373619 | Last modified 4/23/2010 11:35 am by Eric Mittman | 1682 views | 5 replies |

chris373619

Powergalleries not working

Hi,
When I preview my gallery the picture come up as ?. I can sign into the admin, the server is running PHP5, I can upload pictures and descriptions, everything works except the actual gallery.I uploaded all the latest files for the power gallery but it didn't help anything. I check to make sure it had the connect folder... I'm not sure what to check next. It's got to be something simple. Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This is not something that I have seen before, do you have a link to a page with a gallery on it? This would help us to understand what you are experiencing and give us the ability to check on some details. Please post back with this info and any other details.

chris373619

Still not working

I reloaded the files and the php code isn't working that I place in the php file. I can preview that gallery in the admin and the code page works just not the php code on the page. Go to www.switsbigart.com and go to the gallery pages. Let me know if you need more information.

Eric Mittman

When I visit the murals page I see an error about failing to include the page that has the gallery on it. If I try to visit the page directly I get a 404 error:

index.php

It looks like the file has been deleted or moved on the server. It seems that I cant browse to any files within the galleries area. What is the name of the folder that you have your PowerGallery installed in? When you are in the admin area what does the include code look like for the gallery?

chris373619

This is the code from the admin include page.

<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/content/89/5964489/html/gallery/galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/index.php');
?>

The folder name is galleryadmin.
galleryadmin

Actually, I figured out what you are saying and changed the line of code from:
<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/content/89/5964489/html/gallery/galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/index.php');
?>

to:

<?php
$pg_id = '1';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/content/89/5964489/html/galleryadmin/galleries/ribbon_fullsize_lightbox/index.php');
?>

This fix worked out a little bit but now I can see the thumbnails. The large photos look like they work if I pick one of the empty boxes for the thumbnails.

Eric Mittman

Looks like it is another mixed up URL issue. I'm not sure whey the images are not in the location specified but this should be something that we can update to get around. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so we can exchange some info in private. To update the ticket login and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...