close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Registration

Thread began 4/12/2010 8:42 am by tirzahm338096 | Last modified 4/26/2010 4:06 pm by Eric Mittman | 4019 views | 21 replies |

tirzahm338096

Registration

Trying to set up a registration page and not sure how to work it.

Would like to have a registration link which would direct registrant through my log-in pages first and then end up at checkout. Guess my question is how to i make my "Add to Cart" link same as the Checkout link... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Basically I'm selling one item... there is only one cart option. Also don't want to allow more than one registration at a time because we need the registration info.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You could make the add to cart work like a checkout button by setting the redirect to the checkout page rather than a cart page. When the user clicks on add to cart they will go to the checkout page to make the transaction.

As for the other part of this with the login pages post back with some more info about what you have going on so far and let us know if you are having any trouble.

tirzahm338096

Thanks, I got that part working fine.

I am having trouble uploading my site though... with testing i had the database set to localhost, root- etc. when i uploaded my site to my 1and1 host I'm getting a php error indicating that it was looking for a file on my c drive. I did change my connection.php file to the new 1and1 database info. What other changes to I need to make within my files?

I did also try and run the checkout wizard remotely... and getting a "Please connect to valid connection to continue." error. I can't test my 1and1 database connection locally because 1and1 does allow remote database connections.

Basically the only way I can run the checkout wizard it with localhost and root settings it seems. What changes to i then need to make when upload my site?

Eric Mittman

If you have changed up the connection file to make use of your live servers db info then that is all that you should need to change. The site should function if it is uploaded to the root of your live server.

If you are getting errors with files referencing the c drive then then your local site might not be defined properly. The links in the site should not use file system paths but local site relative paths. How do you have your local testing site setup? You need to have the local info and testing server info setup and pointing to the correct locations. You normally only see the file system paths if the structure for the site is not defined properly in your site settings. Here is link to a doc that we have on setting up a DW site:

dynamic_site_definitions.php

tirzahm338096

another part of the error is saying i don't have the proper database permissions. (this is still within the checkout wizard)

"this user does not have the necessary permissions to add/remove tables from the selected database. update your database connection to specify a new user"

How do I change or add these permissions to my database.... and to what, I'm not sure what or where i need to make these changes.

For my database name, user and password I have the ones assigned via 1and1

tirzahm338096

should also add everything is working fine locally... not a problem with site definition or database connection. My trouble is when upload the site.. the switch from the local database connection to the 1and1 hosted database connection.

Eric Mittman

The error you are getting in the wizard is letting you know that you can't interact with the live db from within DW. This is probably due to a limit on remote connections by your host. It is common to not allow remote connections to the db for security.

This means that you will need to configure and test things locally, then upload your files and db to your live server. You will also need to update the local connection file to have your live db's login credentials. Have you checked on the guides for setting up the server? If you have things working locally then you should be ok to just move it all to the live server and update the db and connection file.

tirzahm338096

Yes you were right... I was able to fix the database part and it was because 1and1 doesn't allow remote database connections.

Am now having a problem with the PayPal express link, it automatically just goes to the pp_checkout_failure.php

<form name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?>" method="post">

and also found some other suggestion in support forum - tried this code as well:

<form name="PayPal_ExpressCheckout_form" action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?><?php echo (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] != "")?"?".$_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]:""; ?>" method="post">

neither work, I am able to process payments using the credit card option just fine. Any suggestions?

Eric Mittman

You will need to find out a little more about why the transaction is failing first. To get this info you can add this code to your pp_checkout_failure page where you would like to see the info:

php:
<?php  

if(!session_id()) session_start();   
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Request :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");  
echo(
"Direct Pay Full Response :<br />");  
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />"); 
echo(
"PayPal Express Checkout requests and responses :<br />");   
echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");  
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");  
?>

This will let you know what PayPal is returning for the error. If you have any trouble with this post back with what you get minus any of the sensitive details like the API username or signature.

tirzahm338096

You know what... that's the puzzling part. Where does the API username or signature go. The wizard never asked me for it, only my Paypal business ID. Or does it fetch it automatically?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...