close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

checkout.php

Thread began 4/10/2010 8:39 am by jacob5136402106 | Last modified 4/16/2010 12:15 pm by Eric Mittman | 1975 views | 5 replies |

jacob5136402106

checkout.php

I would like to suggest an update for PS3.
Several users, including myself, would like to see an alternative checkout.php which does not include any additional information like credit card and shipping information, when "Paypal Express Only" is selected as the payment option. When there is a failure of payment, PS3 opens the checkout.php page which gives the customer a choice of entering their CC information. If "Paypal Express Only" is selected then this information is useless and confuses the customer which results in the customer not coming back to the site (lost customer).

So would you please edit and provide a new checkout.php file that does not include any information except for login and giving the customer the choice to check out through Paypal Express or to cancel the transaction. That would give users like myself a choice as to which checkout.php file we would prefer to use.

I tried to delete the section in the checkout.php file concerning CC but it broke the file. I am not a code writer.

This solution is being sold as a "Plug and Play" type application. (copied from your site:
we’ve built the entire store for you allowing anyone to set up and start an eCommerce website without coding or database experience. Simply upload PowerStore and run the Installation Wizard - you’ll be selling online in no time at all.)

Thank you for your consideration in giving us an option to choose between the standard and an alternative "checkout.php" file
Jacob

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The reason this is a problem is because the user is making use of the back button in the browser. The checkout page is the page that sends you off to PayPal, but depending on weather or not you clicked on the PayPal button on the cart this page will either display for your or send you to PayPal.

To resolve this issue you can just add in the following code directly after line 15 on the checkout.php page:

php:
<?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("Using Express Checkout Only")){ // Begin Show Region 

header("Location: cart.php");
}
?>

This will ensure that the user is taken back to the cart page that they came from rather than the checkout page.

jacob5136402106

Eric,
I copied and pasted the code after line 15 of the checkout.php as suggested. The result was that when the "PayPal" button was selected the page basically reloaded to itself without going to PayPal.

So I deleted the added code and then when the "PayPal" button was selected the site would go to the checkout page with a header error at he top.

I replaced the checkout.php file with a fresh copy then when I selected the "PayPal" button I was directed to the paypal site. I did not go further because PayPal will not let me pay myself.

The original problem DID NOT occur from using the back button but rather from a failure to log into paypal and selecting the return to site option on the paypal login page.

I was going to leave the code in the checkout.php file you suggested, but did not so you can checkout my other problem posted in my other thread called "checkout problem".

I appreciate any help offered.
Jacob

Eric Mittman

I can see why you would get that result, sorry about that. The problem is that it is just telling the server go the cart page if you have Express Checkout only selected. This could be fixed by moving this code so that it is below the Express Checkout code. If you checkout page is back to the default setup then you should be able to add this code in just after the Express Checkout code that ends on line 146, it would look like this:

php:
142: else {

143:      $WA_Store_Cart->redirStr = $WA_PP_ECO_SetResult->ECOServer;
144:    }
145:  }
146:  ?>
147:  <?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("Using Express Checkout Only")){ // Begin Show Region  
148:      header("Location: cart.php"); 
149:  } 
150:  ?>

Please give this a try and let us know if you have any further problems with this.

jacob5136402106

solution

Eric,
I made the changes as suggested and the result created errors on the page without fixing the problem. So I replaced the checkout.php with a fresh copy and opened it with dreamweaver and made some modifications. Like I said before "I am a complete newbie, I am not a code writer". I used split veiw and individually hi-lighted and deleted everything I did not want, like credit card information, etc. So that all that was left on the page was the PayPal Express checkout button. Tried it out and the page worked.

Next I opened the PP_cancel.php file and on line 277 I changed "checkout.php" to "cart.php" and the word "checkout" to "cart"

Then I opened the PP_checkout_failure.php and on line 278 I changed "checkout.php" to "cart.php" and the word "checkout" to "cart"

I repeated the above on line 279 of the checkout_failure.php file

Now I do not have to worry about a customer being asked to enter their information erroneously to checkout. Now when the customer is directed to either a checkout failure, PP checkout failure, or PP checkout cancel they will be directed back to the cart so they can either try to checkout again through PayPal Express or clear their cart.

for those who wish to check out what I have done, my site is:

www.jacobsfishinghole.com

there is a product under the catagory of "tools" called "test-not real product" priced at $0.01

I hope this information is of help to others with the same problem
Now to see if I can figure out my problem I have in the thread "checkout problem"
Jacob

Eric Mittman

I'm glad to hear that you have it worked out now. If you are working on the other thread with me I will be looking into it and replying shortly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...