close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cant get past login error on installation step 2

Thread began 4/09/2010 10:43 am by rmtoelle346587 | Last modified 4/13/2010 6:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 3198 views | 7 replies |

rmtoelle346587

Cant get past login error on installation step 2

Default Could not log in to Mysql database
After installing cURL and getting verification I get to step 2 only to find that I "cant log in to Mysql database, I see that the database service is running through the XAMPP control panel, when I click on the ADMIN tab it takes me to the page phpmyadmin/ which has the error " phpMyAdmin - Error

Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

I know that I have the correct user name and password in the XAMPP because I can log into the XAMPP webpage and see all of the options, when I click on the tab for Tools
phpMyAdmin, I get the above error. I need some help here.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the php.ini what is the session.save_path set to?

on mine it is set to:
session.save_path = "c:\xampp\tmp"

what ever it is set to on your system, make sure that the folder exists.

rmtoelle346587

Path= \XAMPP\xampp\tmp

My php.ini is set to save dir \XAMPP\xampp\tmp

rmtoelle346587

Error message on step 2 login to MYsql server... help !!

MySQL said: Documentation
#1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Open new phpMyAdmin window

I made sure my tmp path was set correctly in the php.ini config file. it is set correctly.... still have error

rmtoelle346587

Could not log in to Mysql database, still have error

04-12, I still have the same error message after changing the php.ini file, please help

I have to get this program loaded and cant get past this error

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

\XAMPP\xampp\tmp is not a valid path, it should have a drive letter in the path:
c:\XAMPP\xampp\tmp

does that folder exist on your computer?

instead of using localhost for the MySQL server, try using

rmtoelle346587

Tried using 127.0.0.1 same error

didnt help, the error is still the same:
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Open new phpMyAdmin window,

when I try to open a new window it gives me the same error. Would it do any good to un-install the XAMPP and re-install it? This is starting to drive me nuts, I have to get this webstore up and running soon, please help

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, in reality, installing the power store on your local computer is not really going to do much for getting the store up and running live.

To get the store up and running live, you should go through the installation on your remote server.

Upload the power store file to your remote web site host, then run the installation.

as for the problems you are having locally, it does sound like something has gone pear shaped in your xampp installation, you may be able to fix it by uninstalling xampp and reinstalling it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...