close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Settings get Erased?

Thread began 4/08/2010 2:30 pm by elevy388997 | Last modified 4/21/2010 12:26 pm by Eric Mittman | 6039 views | 13 replies |

elevy388997Beta Tester

Settings get Erased?

Hello,

I am using the Sculptor to make my own layout and every time it deletes things. When I am adjusting the TYPE information sometimes the things I put in just disaapear, or changes i make aren't applied. So I close out and open it back up and most of the changes are there, but the TYPE stuff I have to put in again. Hopefully this makes sense...also the text boxes vanish every time, forcing me to save.

problems.gif

It literally is 2 steps forward, 1 back. I have been trying to get the TYPE settings worked out for a good hour now... also the contentWrapper isn't working for me. I have a 10px tall image (width is same as document) set as the image for the contentwrapper with a repeat of x. When I enter through the page to add lines, it puts spaces with a transparent background and just shoves everything else down.

EDIT: Posted more pictures of problems

webassist/

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To check on the status of your ticket or update it login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

elevy388997Beta Tester

Thank You, Ill keep my eye on the responses.

EDIT: I don't know if you still want me posting questions here, but:

"So I uploaded one of the pages so you can see a Live version of the site. This is more for the #contentwrapper problem.

www.animation.levy4u.com/ "

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting with the link. I'm not fully sure that I understand the steps that you took to get this result. Could you post back and include some more info about those steps and also include the image in question that you are applying for the background that is having this issue. I will take a look at this more to see what I can find.

elevy388997Beta Tester

I can do one better, I am uploading a video to youtube displaying the problems. Make sure your increase quality and full screen if necessary.

CSS Sculptor - watch?v=dxgzxxeYtOI

ContentWrapper - watch?v=6J6ROf5rvF4

Eric Mittman

In regards to what you are experiencing with the content wrapper this looks like the regular behavior when using a rounded corners layout. The problem with the rounded corners layouts are that they work on images attached to the top and bottom of the areas. When you add to an area and increase it's size you will make a gap between the images, making it look like the background for that content area is missing.

To avoid this you should be extending the vertical size of the content area with the css fist to accommodate the text or larger content that you will include on the page.

elevy388997Beta Tester

Ok, I will give that a try. If it makes a difference, I selected to make a custom layout and applied images that I created, to the header, content, footer.

EDIT: It worked...how funny it is to do something so easy and it fixes hours of frustration. Thank You for fixing that problem.

Eric Mittman

I'm glad to hear that. Let us know if you have any other questions.

elevy388997Beta Tester

Captcha Image only display "Security Image"

Well im not thinking...I forgot to upload the WA_ValidationToolkit folder to my server...it works now

I do have a question though. With UE4 I have an attachment field to upload file, and it gets to the server fine, but I want it to be emailed with the form as well. And with the dynamic labels (using the block template) it has the form name "contact_me_" then the field label "Name", "Company" etc. It makes the email very messy. Any ideas?

Eric Mittman

You can edit the message directly and just make your own labels for the info, anywhere that you want to see information from the form you can use the bindings to drag and drop the form value onto the message page where you would like to see it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...