close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Download page is not showing purchased file

Thread began 4/06/2010 8:02 am by tolushayoo193471 | Last modified 4/16/2010 4:26 pm by Eric Mittman | 2941 views | 17 replies |

tolushayoo193471

if upgraded to universal email, i unstalled previous version and digital file pro. i've followed the tutorial How To Create a Download Center successfully, i bought an mp3 checkout successfully and i was redirected to the download centre, when i clicked on the download button, it says "No results for your search" so i couldnt download the purchased file.

When the download centre was generated, these keep on popping up and any time that i opened that page, it comes up "The AlternateSelClass script does not defined the findServerBehaviors function". attached is the print screen. please find the attached document downloadcentre file.

thank you

Attached Files
New Folder (4).zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The error about no results is letting you know that the query is not returning any results. Have you confirmed that you are logged in with a user that has the purchase in their order history? The user id must be set in the session, and the user must have a record in their order history that points to an item with a value in the mp3_path column.

As for the js error you are getting you should close DW and try deleting the cache file, here are some instructions on how you can do this:

common_installation_issues.pdf

tolushayoo193471

thank you, i can confrimed that i logged in as the user, i even logged in before purchasing, and i was redirected to my order history where i clicked on the download.

Eric Mittman

It seems like you might have the wrong value in your hidden form element. You are currently setting it to this:

$row_WADAorderdetails['mp3_path']

If this is the path to where the file is this is not the correct value to use here. You must set this hidden form element to be the name of the file, you have already set the path to the file inside of the Digital File Pro download server behavior.

You can test out the download server behavior's values by adding this line of code just after line 101:

php:
die("WA_DownloadResult1, " . "../../mp3/, ". "".((isset($_POST["hiddenField"]))?$_POST["hiddenField"]:"")  .", " . "[FileName], " . false . false . false .  ", ". ", ". ", ". "");

This will let you know the values that are used inside of the download function call, please post back with this info if you are having any more trouble with this.

tolushayoo193471

thank you, i've added that line after line 101, but i already have that same code in the previous line, but i still added it and test it again, the result is still empty. you said i have these $row_WADAorderdetails['mp3_path']
what code should be there is it these, $row_WADAorderdetails['FileName']

according to the documentation it says
22. Select the Design button to return to Design view.
23. Select the icon representing the Hidden form element.
24. From the Properties Inspector, choose the value lightning bolt.
25. Expand the WADAorderdetails Recordset, and choose the ProductLocation column.
26. Click OK.
27. Press Ctrl (Cmd) + S to save the page.

and my ProductLocation column is the mp3_path

Eric Mittman

I think that your download center would work if you used the file name in the hidden form element rather that the location. If the file name is this: $row_WADAorderdetails['FileName'] then you should use that for the value of the hidden form element.

The code that I posted for you to add just after line 101 should look very close to the code that you already have on this line but it is different. The difference is that if you add the code that I posted it will stop the code from executing and print out a message about the values that are being referenced in the download function call. If you add this code in and do not see the message it would indicate that your download server behavior is not being triggered.

tolushayoo193471

thank you, i've tried that yesterday $row_WADAorderdetails['FileName'], it didnt work and i've replaced it again and reupload, bought an mp3 and check, the download centre still show no result. attache dis the updated download centre. thank you

Attached Files
New Folder (4).zip

Eric Mittman

I will need to output from the die statement to see more information about the issue. You currently have the die statement just after the code on line 101, you will need to udpate it so that the die statement occurs before the code that is currently on line 101. Sorry for the confusion.

With the die statement before the download file server behavior it will print a message to the screen with the details of the download. I will need to see this info to proceed.

tolushayoo193471

thank you, i've placed b4 101 but is still showing no result

<?php
WA_DFP_SetupDownloadStatusStruct("WA_DownloadResult1");
if(($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST)){
die("WA_DownloadResult1, " . "../../mp3/, ". "".((isset($_POST["hiddenField"]))?$_POST["hiddenField"]:"") .", " . "[FileName], " . false . false . false . ", ". ", ". ", ". "");
WA_DFP_DownloadFile("WA_DownloadResult1", "../../mp3/", "".((isset($_POST["hiddenField"]))?$_POST["hiddenField"]:"") ."", "[FileName]", false, false, false, "", "", "", "");
}
?>

Attached Files
New Folder (4).zip

tolushayoo193471

i change it to these
<?php
die("WA_DownloadResult1, " . "../../mp3/, ". "".((isset($_POST["hiddenField"]))?$_POST["hiddenField"]:"") .", " . "[FileName], " . false . false . false . ", ". ", ". ", ". "");
?>
<?php
WA_DFP_SetupDownloadStatusStruct("WA_DownloadResult1");
if(($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST)){
WA_DFP_DownloadFile("WA_DownloadResult1", "../../mp3/", "".((isset($_POST["hiddenField"]))?$_POST["hiddenField"]:"") ."", "[FileName]", false, false, false, "", "", "", "");
}
?>

here is what is printed on the page
WA_DownloadResult1, ../../mp3/, , [FileName], , , ,

attached is the updated file
thank you

Attached Files
New Folder (4).zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...