close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Products / Categories / Product Categories

Thread began 4/05/2010 9:11 am by lrawlins367093 | Last modified 4/06/2010 8:53 am by mick106153 | 893 views | 3 replies |

lrawlins367093

Products / Categories / Product Categories

I keep trying to make sense of the relationship between products, categories and product categories and am not doing very well.

I have my products and categories figured out but the ps3_productcategory table has me stumped.

Is it too much to ask for definitions of the fields in the various tables? How is it that those who have paid their hard earned money are left to decipher the structure of the database by trial and mostly error.

Does a sample database with a few records in each table seem like such a hard thing for you to provide. It would surely save your customers a lot of stumbling around in their attempt to make the product work.

I haven't found anything in PS3's documentation to even hint at managing the database other than entering one item at a time. For those of us who will have thousands of products one-by-one entry is not an option.

How about meaningful information this time?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The product category table is a linking table, it has a unique id for each entry and stores the product id and the corresponding category id. This table provides the information about what products belong to what categories.

The PowerStore is designed to be an 'out of box' solution that works already. The db structure was engineered the way that you see it to fit the needs and requirements of the PowerStore Solution Pack. The mass importation of products and their corresponding data into the PowerStore db is not a supported feature so you will not find any documentation about it. The items in the store are meant to be added through the stores admin area.

lrawlins367093

OK, so for anyone who intends to have a lot of items for sale PowerStore IS NOT the solution.

Why couldn't you state that in the documentation? It would have save me a lot of time and frustration.

mick106153

There are threads here from people who have done what you are trying to do.
Keep looking, you'll find them.

Mick

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...