close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Is there a problem with 2 seperate iterations of ue?

Thread began 5/21/2009 12:33 pm by roby258376 | Last modified 6/03/2009 1:52 pm by Ray Borduin | 5798 views | 10 replies |

roby258376

Is there a problem with 2 seperate iterations of ue?

Hi all,

I used Universal Email to automatically send an email to a new user, after their information has been inserted into the database. It works perfectly. Sends to the user, imbeds the data etc.

then I used UE to send the information in a form. I have used my own email address for testing purposes and I pull the initial values for each form field from the database IF the user is already logged in, otherwise, they can enter their own data.

This new form will NOT send the email to me.

so my question is, is there a problem with using UE more than once on a site? or is there something I'm missing with regard to pulling data from a db into a form that doesn't work with UE?

Any help is appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can use UE over and over on the same page yet alone the same site... there must be something wrong with the way it is set up.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

roby258376

thanks Ray, so what's the best way to find the error? I've compared the 2 and both are set up in almost exactly the same way, only difference is that one sends the email to a new user, with the field drawn from the db and the other (the one that is not working) is sending the email to my address.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd add some debug code to the page. Maybe open up the mail object include and add some debug code to write to the page. Most likely the problem is in the one thing you changed?

Are they on the same page? Maybe you are redirecting to another page after sending the first email and it doesn't have a chance to send the second one.

roby258376

They are on different pages, and if you could point me in the direction of some debug code and what to do with it, I'd appreciate it.

Still a php newbie.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

open up the mail.php file and find where it sends the mail. (search for "send")

Then right after it sends add a die(); statement to write information about the email that was just sent.

Try die() with the email object itself. It should say true if it thinks the email was sent properly.

roby258376

I feel luck a real newbie here so please pardon me if I seem totally unable to follow simple directions:

1) I don't have a mail.php file I do however have mail_PHP.php
2) I cannot find any "send" within this file, I can however find "function WAUE_SendMail"
3) can you please tell me what to write in the die statement?

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You are on the right track.

At the bottom of that function you will find:

$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader);

return $mailObj;

Update it to:

die($mailContent);
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader);
die($mailObj);
return $mailObj;

roby258376

ok, did that and nothing changed. Clicking the submit button on my form still takes me to the right page, and I don't get any error message.

What else can I try?

roby258376

ok, I figured out what the problem was. Apparently when using a form, the action must be blank or UE must be applied to the page the action points to. that was my problem. As soon as I got rid of the form action, the email is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...