close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Moved from v4 to v5

Thread began 3/31/2010 2:28 pm by steven348539 | Last modified 4/01/2010 8:30 am by steven348539 | 1875 views | 4 replies |

steven348539

Moved from v4 to v5

I forgot I moved from 4 to 5 and I've been trying to move my website to a different host to save a lot of money every year.

However, I can't get the cart system to work anymore. It appears that when I hit the checkout button, when it goes to the confirm.php page, it takes the cart as being empty and bounces back to the cart.php page, which displays the items in the cart.

I know it's taking the cart as being empty because if I comment out the code checking for an empty cart and redirect it back to cart.php

I tried running new pages from the checkout wizard to see if that helped the original problem of it not writing orders to the database, which is when I ran into this problem. I see Ecart5 has more pages and some features that could be nice to have, but I can't get this working and I was supposed to have everything moved by today and I've been fighting these errors for 2 days before realizing I changed the version.

I have tried to double click on the 'Add to Cart' server behavior on the details page and each time I modify it, it creates a new button on the page as well.

I have cleared the cache already and reinstalled extensions to see if that will help.

New Website: www.cis-portraits.net

EDIT: Replaced the zip file as I didn't know it stored your PayPal password in the ExpressCheckout data for anyone to download and see.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the confirm page, add the following code at line 5:

php:
<?php

$printCart
->GetContent();
?>

that code is used to get the cart contents at the top of each page.

steven348539

Thanks Jason, that took care of it, but that line is in the code on 317, after checking to see if the cart is empty. It is in the reverse order in the checkout.php page as well. So the eCart program put it in the wrong place both times.

Should checking the cart also be moved to the top of the program?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, it should be just after the following code:
<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/printCart_PHP.php");
?>

Dreamweaver uses a "weighting" system to determine where code should be placed.

Sometimes the weighting system can go haywire.

steven348539

Thanks, I'll get to moving them as I've noticed in each file it created it has placed them not only down the code a ways, but it always checks to see if the cart is empty before it loads the cart.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...