close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

how to get yes/no radio checkboxes info into database

Thread began 3/31/2010 10:26 am by mrobben375515 | Last modified 4/01/2010 3:40 pm by Eric Mittman | 1759 views | 3 replies |

mrobben375515

how to get yes/no radio checkboxes info into database

I have two yes/no radio check box on my quote page. I have a field set up in the database for them, but right now the info is not submitting into the database. How do I do so? Is there a tutorial? Also, I need to bind the info into an email using universal email. I know how to bind other submitted info by dragging the binding into the code so the email or name the user submits show up. However, for the yes/no radio check box there are 2 binding for each one instead of just one for the email or other input info. Which one do I drag into the code or do I do that at all? Thanks for your help, I've attached a copy of the quote php

Attached Files
free_quote.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What values are you getting when you insert the info in the db or print it out on the page? The key to using these types of inputs is that they have same name but different id's and values. It looks like yours are setup like this but it seems that they are passing as an array.

If you are getting the array instead of the values in the array you will need to explode the array to store the info in your db. You could try removing the [] after the name of the checkbox to see if that gets you just the value portion of the checkbox in your db and in the email.

You might get a better result if you use a radio group or have just a single checkbox for yes rather than one for yes and no.

mrobben375515

We're using the WebAssist Form Builder and DataAssist to create and send the info. When we open up Data Assist to map the form elements, it has different field names for each group, ie one for yes and one for no. But the database has only one field. This happens when we use radio buttons, check boxes, etc. I agree, usually there is a spry type group, but when we use Form Builder, it is not presenting the data elements correctly for DataAssist.

Eric Mittman

You should try using a single checkbox for this rather than a group, then you can insert that value. When you are checking this later you can query where the column has a one to indicate that 'yes' was submitted for that option. This way you will have only a single field to try and apply to your column.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...