close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Connecting to Paypal UK Web Payments Pro

Thread began 3/30/2010 6:25 am by russell298997 | Last modified 5/07/2010 6:47 pm by Eric Mittman | 3616 views | 11 replies |

russell298997

Connecting to Paypal UK Web Payments Pro

Am trying to get e-cart 4 connected to Paypal UK Web Payments Pro. Initially I had incorrect log-in settings and used the de-bugging bindings suggested.,- led to an "incorrect vendor account " error message. contacted paypal and followed Paypal's instructions to getting correct username/vendor/password/partner settings. unsuccessfully it seems.

having been told to go to API credentials settings in paypal and select the payflow settings, i applied them and got same redirect to checkout_failure.asp (tho this time without any response binding information showing up?)

contacted paypal again (and sent them confirm.asp page) who say (in broken english)

"From the code in the body of the email, The API details you are using here is the API signature, the details entered are not correct, I would recommend contacting your cart provider to find out exactly what they need to proceed. From your original email the items require where PayFlow credentials, where I provided a video guide to obtain them, however the details in the body of the email indicate that you are using an API signature which is different to PayFlow credentials.

I have attached a guide below as well on how to obtain the API signature details, however you will need to contact the cart provider to find out exactly what information they need, whether it be PayFlow credentials or API signature credentials.
std_adp.php?p_faqid=737

Could you put me straight on exactly which items of information i need to be putting in each field? (confirm.asp page attached)

thanks

Attached Files
confirm.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If you are working Payments Pro UK and not Payflow specifically you should be using the PayPal API username, password, and signature for the transactions.

These are different than the Payflo credentials that you have entered in here now. You should be able to login to your PayPal account and obtain the Payments Pro API credentials. You will need an api username, api password, and signature. These will differ from your standard paypal username and password that you use to login with.

russell298997

Connecting to Paypal Web Payment Pro

Thanks for your reply Eric. I am a little confused as to what goes where here with regards to amending the API Credentials info. I assume that I am supposed to be amending the confirm.asp page and here i can see two behaviours that require login/credentials -

1. "Authentication for Paypal Express Checkout" and

2. "eCart Local CHeckout (ysl PP_PayProUK)".

I assume these are to link up with the two payment options of a) paying via paypal account and b) paying by credit card? Is that bit correct to start with?

I have requested what appear to be the Paypal Pro API Credentials from the Paypal site and I have the following info:

Credential API Signature
API Username sheik_api1.yaskinsports.co.uk
API Password JBXCKJ3HCHMRRWQ8
Signature ***signature - i havent included the precise info here!***
Request Date 5 May 2010 11:47:46 BST

I obviously also have a different login username and password that gets me into the paypal account too.

my question is what goes where!? i thought the above API info would be used to update in the "eCart Local Checkout (ysl PP_PayProUK)" behaviour but there arent the same headings - here it asks for "user", "vendor", "partner" and "password"?

in the "Authentication for Paypal Express Checkout" behaviour i am asked for the username, password and signature/vendor, which DOES seem to correspond with the API Credentials headings.

So have I got the wrong API info again?

If not, can you explain, in easy-terms (!) what information i should be putting into both behaviours? I do want the option that they can pay direct via paypal as well as credit card.

thanks very much in anticipation Eric

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have the correct credentials to make use of PayPal Payments Pro, this includes the checkout with PayPal option as well as the pay by credit card option.

I would suggest that you make a backup of your current checkout pages, then run the wizard to create a new set of pages. When configuring the new pages select Payments Pro and you should be prompted to enter your api credentials that will be labeled like you have posted here.

If you do not see these options when selecting Payments Pro try selecting the Payments Pro US option to see if you can get to the screens that ask for the api info. As far as I know the UK and US systems work with the same api and credentials so choosing US should be ok for you. Please post back and let us know if you have any troubles with this.

russell298997

Hi,

If i run the wizard again using paypal pro US i get options for Username, password and signature. if i select UK i get username/vendor/password.

which should i use? and if i use US will i have to make many amendments afterwards? will it hook up to my UK account ok?

Eric Mittman

As far as I know Payments Pro works the same for UK or US, so if you select the US choice and get the option to enter your API username, password and signature this should be correct. I don't think you would need to update anything after the fact so long as you have your cart setup to work with GBP instead of USD. Give this a try and let us know if there are any problems.

russell298997

No joy, and it's getting pretty frustrating to have to keep re-building these pages and losing all my original formatting and changes.

the problem seems to be that nothing really seems to tally with the wizard and paypal......

Route 1 - trying to set up using Paypal Pro US & Paypal API credentials:

I have the following credentials (I'll use ++++++++++++ as the signature for the moment)

Credential API Signature
API Username sheik_api1.yaskinsports.co.uk
API Password JBXCKJ3HCHMRRWQ8
Signature ++++++++++++++++

Step 2 of the checkout asks for

Merchant Account username
Merchant account password
Merchant account signature

are these the same as the API credentials? Is a Merchant Account Signature the same as an API Signature? I have assumed so and input these values.

step 3 asks for Paypal Express checkout option details

Username
Password
Signature/vendor

Is this the same as the API credentials again? Or is this the email address and password that i would use to log into the paypal account? it would look like the latter but, if so, what is the "SIgnature/Vendor" it asks for - the same as the API signature?

SO far as I am aware, I only have an email address and a password for the Paypal Account, I dont have a separate "signature" - unless it's the API one..?

I tried adding the username and password that i use to log into the account, and the API signature as it appears to be the only "signature" that i have.

This just routes to checkout_failure. when i try it live. and, having added the full response binding for Paypal Pro UK (there isnt an option for US..?) i cant get it to show the response info either when the failure page comes up, (which wasnt a problem before...?)

Result:

Try to pay via local checkout goes to failure
Try to pay by credit card goes to failure

Rebuild pages again....

Route 2 - trying to set up using Paypal Pro UK & Paypal API credentials:

Step 1 asks for

USER ID
VENDOR - MERCHANT LOGIN ID
PWD

How does this correlate to the API Credentials??!

Then it asks for Express checkout options as per the above Route 1.

Since these value titles just dont seem to match up, I could be here for days entering different permutations.....? There doesnt seem much hope in just copnstantly rebuilding the pages without some clear instruction on what goes where here. I can supply all API/LOg in info I have been given, I just need to know wher eit all goes....

I know it can work with Paypal Web Pro UK as i've used it before (some values have subsequently changed do i cant check all the settings for that one to compare unfortunately).

I appreciate the assistance to date but could someone give this some specific attention to get it resolved quickly - day or night. It's ok saying try this and try that but i could spende days trying to get a result, having paid for a "wizard" to interpret this.

i'm not complaining - i love the products otherwie - i'm just frustrated and under time pressure and i cant see that this ought to be a major issue. maybe i'm being dumb over it, but it i could've solved this by now i would have!!

help please. thanks

russell298997

Update

Eric,

Having spejt the day experimenting with someone from Paypal I managed to get a transaction through, but I'm left with this bit I dont understand.

THe only settings that seem to make sense are to use the Paypal Pro US, rather than UK. If I do that the cart works (either local checkout or express). but the transaction obviously goes through as USD not GBP.

If I go into checkout.asp and confirm.asp and changes the USD settings to GBP and the US parameters to GB, the cart works (if i try to pay be credit card) until after the checkout page whereupon it now refers me to the paypal site - as tho i have selected the "checkout with paypal" button.

it refers to :

webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=o_mHtVOJ5_oj2JeLZ83Q20Iyyk6xOo0tXz9UybJz3pSdP2P54aau78qD8Oq&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b5efedb82468478c6e115945fd0658595dbb4bda98e0c5f8e

why is it doing this now and not processing the transaction locally? i cant see what i've changed that makes this difference. have attached the relevant pages

Attached Files
pp.zip

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure how the confirm page got this way but there is a PayPal Express Checkout server behavior on the page. This is the code that is sending you to PayPal rather than reviewing the details of the transaction before you confirm it.

On your confirm.asp page delete the code that is on lines 6-69. This should stop it from going to PayPal allow you to review the details of the transaction before confirming it. After you confirm it the transaction should occur and send the user to either the success or failure page depending on the status.

russell298997

Thanks, that solved it. It's very odd because the wizard appears to write it correctly the first time, but when ou go back into the behaviour to amend anything (i.e change USD to GBP), it then forces you to fill in a couple of other fields and then obviously writes this extra code in.

i guess you wouldnt come across it unless you had to do what i had to do in the first place, i.e. go the US route and then convert.

anyway, thanks again for your prompt assistance. i can cope with strange anomalies as long as they get sorted quickly!

cheers eric

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...